Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Right about the knees; and some itinerary suggestions
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 6/21/22 2:32pm Msg #34604
All hiking trails are free once you enter the park. It's always better to beat the heat and get an early start....same as everyone else is thinking so expect crowds. Vernal Falls aka Mist Trail (you'll get wet and cold at the very top steps) starts at Camp Curry. It's nuts around Camp Curry with people from all over the world. Pack snacks and water. Trail runner shoes are better than hiking boots. Check out REI for a wide toe, zero drop shoe like Altra, a half size larger than what you wear. Look at a very light pack from Osprey or similar.

I absolutely loved my Columbia hiking pants from REI with removable lower pant legs. I didnt feel like i was wearing anything. Will get another pair. A quality sun cap with neck cover attachment will save you. Also a long sleeve hooded hiking shirt that wicks will go a long way. All are extremely light weight, adjust to temps, and durable. Can be found on Amazon. That's what I was wearing when seated at the Queens table. My wife razzed me every day about how stylish my outfits were. Just worked out that way...couldn't help it!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 We hiked 25 miles last week! Yosemite and Carmel by the sea - Bear900/CA on 6/20/22 11:33pm
 Re: We hiked 25 miles last week! Yosemite and Carmel by the sea -  Amigoaz on 6/21/22 10:39am
 Right about the knees; and some itinerary suggestions - Bear900/CA on 6/21/22 11:48am
 Re: Right about the knees; and some itinerary suggestions -  Amigoaz on 6/21/22 1:52pm
 Re: Right about the knees; and some itinerary suggestions - Bear900/CA on 6/21/22 2:32pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.