Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Huh? CA Middle-Class tax refund
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 1/20/23 12:17pm Msg #35580
For Californians...Anyone else in this boat?

I received a 1099-MISC from the State of CA Franchise Tax board for an unexplained amount of $700. Unexplained, in that I had no clue what this was about and don't remember receiving $700 from the State to be declared as income.

Set the 1099 aside...

This morning, I saw a news article and it jolted my memory about the refund, so checked it out and figured that is what it's for. Problem is, we received no such refund. Checked for an automatic deposit...not happening. The article this morning was about some people getting their refund by debit card and the cards are getting hacked and money stolen, so to please spend or cash them in a hurry. Okay.... but DUMB! sheesh!

So, I found a couple of numbers if you're experiencing the same and here, they are.

1-800-542-9332 gives general information. Basically, if you filed electronically in 2021 (?) it will be automatically deposited.

A number for "where is my card?" is,

1-800-240-0223

Called that number too, and a recording said if you don't receive it by Jan 30 to call back. LOL Ridiculous!

I don't need and wasn't even cognizant of the refund, but darn it, don't need another 1099 MISC with nothing to show for it.

Maybe I can claim a $700 loss on my Fed Tax return if this never shows up? What a mess for those with stolen debit cards, or card amounts. I didn't dig deep into how that is happening and just venting a little. But just in case you received a 1099 and no refund, well, here you go.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Huh? CA Middle-Class tax refund - Bear900/CA on 1/20/23 12:17pm
 Re: Huh? CA Middle-Class tax refund - NVLSlady/MD on 1/24/23 10:53am
 Re: Huh? CA Middle-Class tax refund - Bear900/CA on 1/26/23 9:36am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.