Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: The Day the Music Died
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 2/4/23 5:56pm Msg #35661
I'm not quite old enough to remember any of them, but they all had a big impact on the development of rock.

A lot of people don't know that the only reason Richie Valens - who was afraid to fly - was on that plane was because a member of Buddy Holly's band, a guy named Merle Haggard, gave up his seat.

The first time I heard Don McLean sing that song was when he was an emergency opening act for Steppenwolf at the Long Island Arena in 1970. It was just him and his guitar - no piano, no bass, no drums. The crowd was not really happy initially about a folk-singer opening for a rock band, but he quickly won them over. A few months later I started hearing the song on the radio, and it's since become a classic.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 The Day the Music Died - Bear900/CA on 2/3/23 10:32am
 Re: The Day the Music Died - Gerry Grummons on 2/3/23 10:47am
 Re: The Day the Music Died - Bear900/CA on 2/3/23 11:00am
 Re: The Day the Music Died - Amigoaz on 2/4/23 7:48am
 Re: The Day the Music Died - MikeC/TX on 2/4/23 5:56pm
 Re: The Day the Music Died - Bear900/CA on 2/7/23 10:56am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.