Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Grew up in several small towns all over world - dad in
Posted by  jba/fl of FL on 8/22/07 11:46pm Msg #16
military, and we got to live in a few small towns, but they seldom spoke my language, vocally, that is, so sign language was part of the norm.

There are great benefits to small towns, am trying to move to one that died out, used to be a citrus packing town, but now that oj comes from Brazil, etc. etc, etc, (many other factors too) this town sort of died and if I get there I will have gone to heaven. Love knowing everyone and not being afraid of saying hi to anyone I wish. Or being tailgated and side swiped for some perceived misdeed on the road inhibiting the fast movement of the pig in back of me. Not quite a Norman Rockwell town, but close. No WalMarts either! Oh joy!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Grow up in a small town? -  BrendaTx on 8/22/07 8:05pm
 Grew up in several small towns all over world - dad in -  jba/fl on 8/22/07 11:46pm
 Re: Grow up in a small town? -  MistarellaFL on 8/23/07 7:28pm
 Had to look it up -  MistarellaFL on 8/23/07 8:50pm
 Re: Grow up in a small town? -  DebbieT on 8/23/07 10:51pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.