Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Signing issues encountered yesterday
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 4/24/24 9:50am Msg #648298
Had a couple of signings yesterday.

First one was for a couple who are purchasing a home for their adult law student son in Texas. The son is also on the loan and signed the day prior. This couple is very savvy and whenever a question popped up, they called their LO. Luckily, the LO was readily available. The last approximately 20 pages had to have corrections as the dad's name was left off, the mom's name was inserted twice so we had to strike out, print his name and initial -- several, several times. The assignment was only about 5 minutes from my home so when I accepted it I thought "Yay! A quick one." Nope. Because of the calls for clarification and the corrections, this signing took 1-1/2 hours, including scan backs.

Second one: Signing location was a 50 minute drive from me. Single self-employed gentleman taking a cash-out hard money loan. 88 page package with no scan backs. Should be a breeze. Again, nope. The cash-out listed was $10,000 less than what he expected and had plans for. He calls his LO who answers on the first ring. There was a misunderstanding as to all fees being rolled into loan. Docs have to be redrawn to increase loan. I get back to my car and call SS to advise. Okay, they'll call me for the redraw; meanwhile, invoice for 1/2 fee. A couple of hours later, SS calls (I missed call) and leaves voice mail that they've emailed me docs for next day signing, time TBD between signer and notary and full fee agreed to. We're signing today at 2:00pm. Smile

I know we all experience set backs and because of those experiences, learn to roll with it, set our fees to match each individual assignment and pray for patience. Wink The reason for this post is to let newbies know they are not alone. Everyone hits glitches -- even the seasoned NSA. However, unlike many newbies, most seasoned NSAs have priced the assignments to allow for most set backs and delays. A $65 fee does not pay for 1-1/2 hours at the signing table; nor does it pay for driving 50 minutes (one way) to a signing that cancels at the table.

BTW, in that 2nd case, the SS gets $300 per signing (got an additional $50 for the redraw). So, yeah, they can afford to pay a professional fee. Smile

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Signing issues encountered yesterday -  Yoli/CA on 4/24/24 9:50am
 Re: Signing issues encountered yesterday - pdl/cali on 4/24/24 10:34am
 Great advice, Yoli - and attitude n/m -  JanetK_CA on 4/24/24 8:18pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.