Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Signer signed Trusttee instead of Trustee....
Posted by ananotary of CA on 4/22/24 4:25pm Msg #648284
"I should have caught it"...eh, we are all human.

If it makes you feel better, I am a very seasoned LSA. Went out on a commercial loan and the next day I received a call that the documents needed to be resigned. Why? Because the borrower misspelled his name in his own signature. WTH How many of us are checking to be sure the borrower spelled their name right? Most of us are scanning for missing signatures and initials. That was annoying.

Not long after that, another commercial loan signing, the borrowers name was "Jane Doe". Her signature was legible and is read "Bob Lemon". The borrower insisted that it was her signature and she signs that way as a sign of respect to her deceased father (that is his fictional name). I left the room and took it to the escrow officer. All decided that it was up to the lender. It closed and I got paid. Go figure.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Signer signed Trusttee instead of Trustee.... - JustANotary on 4/22/24 1:07pm
 Re: Signer signed Trusttee instead of Trustee.... -  Yoli/CA on 4/22/24 1:27pm
 Re: Signer signed Trusttee instead of Trustee.... - JustANotary on 4/22/24 1:40pm
 Re: Signer signed Trusttee instead of Trustee.... - SteveS/CA on 4/22/24 1:39pm
 Re: Signer signed Trusttee instead of Trustee.... - JustANotary on 4/22/24 2:02pm
 Re: Signer signed Trusttee instead of Trustee.... -  JanetK_CA on 4/22/24 2:39pm
 Had a do-over because 1 signer dated for the 2nd signer - Lee/AR on 4/22/24 2:39pm
 Re: Had a do-over because 1 signer dated for the 2nd signer - JustANotary on 4/22/24 3:57pm
 Re: Had a do-over because 1 signer dated for the 2nd signer - SteveS/CA on 4/23/24 2:00am
 Re: Had a do-over because 1 signer dated for the 2nd signer -  JanetK_CA on 4/24/24 2:53am
 Re: Signer signed Trusttee instead of Trustee.... - ananotary on 4/22/24 4:25pm
 Re: Signer signed Trusttee instead of Trustee.... - Mills Mobile Notary Service on 4/22/24 8:17pm
 Re: Signer signed Trusttee instead of Trustee.... - VT_Syrup on 4/22/24 8:25pm
 Re: Signer signed Trusttee instead of Trustee.... - JustANotary on 4/22/24 10:00pm
 Re: Signer signed Trusttee instead of Trustee.... - Lanieda Briggs on 4/23/24 8:40pm
 Re: Signer in a Reverse today had bad tremors, sent note to - HeatherR/CA on 4/24/24 9:57am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.