Notary Rotary
2 BrendaTX
Notary Discussion History

2 BrendaTX
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Korey Humphreys on 2/17/05 4:54pm
Msg #21087

2 BrendaTX

I'm replying to you message about the 250 dollar fee for the divorce paperwork.

Before I went over, the wife called me and told me she'd pay me 250 for my travel and time. I did inform her that house calls in my area only cost 50 dollars.

She kept insisting on paying me the 250. She said something like this "if i were to call my attorney, she'd charge me for my call to her, plus the documents review, and also charge me at least 200 for having their in-house notary public sign and seal the paperwork.

Even though I suggested just 50, she wanted to pay me 250. I guess she knew before hand that her husband and her would be arguing the whole time !! Smiley LOL

I notarized like 4 affidavits, including the Irretrievable breakdown of Marriage, Affidavit of homestead, separation agreement, and at least 5 different court documents.

Quick question for you: Last night I went to your website and entered my information to have a listing available. Did you get my informatin okay. It should be under Massachusetts and obviously my name, Korey E. Humphreys of Middlesex County?

Thank You.

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/17/05 5:33pm
Msg #21092

>>Quick question for you:... Korey E. Humphreys of Middlesex County?<<

Interesting concept of trying to bargain down the price. If only we could all be so fortunate!

Yes. I got your info. Plan to work on the database this weekend. Thanks!

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 2/17/05 6:25pm
Msg #21104

Okay great. You know, if you go to yahoo.com and hit the local tab, you can add a free listing there.

I believe the URL is www.listings.yahoo.com

In addition, you should also place your info at: www.superpages.com

The above two are free, and are very common search areas. Luckily in MA someone has a webpage called www.lawyer-ma.com which includes all listings of Massachusetts Legal Services, which, under Paralegal Services, my business is listed.

Alright, just thought I'd let ya know. Have a good day!!

Reply by Dellaca on 2/17/05 10:46pm
Msg #21132

Hi Korey I know you are talking to Brenda but I have a question, I went to the two places you mention and all I can see was a place to search not any place to list , what did I do wrong?
Thanks
Della

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 2/17/05 11:44pm
Msg #21134

2 Dellaca

Go here for superpages signup:

https://my.superpages.com/spweb/portals/customer.portal

When there you should find where it says free business listing, or something of that sort.

For yahoo go here:

www.local.yahoo.com

When there, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. Their, you'll see the copyright information and a hyperlink is visible saying "Add/edit listing". You have to have a Yahoo screen name to put a free listing. The yahoo screen name is free also.

if you don't have a yahoo screen name, scroll to the top of that page and you'll see to your left a hyperlink that says "sign up" click on that and fill out what you need to too sign up. Then repeat the above paragraph to add your business listing.

Reply by Dellaca on 2/18/05 12:41am
Msg #21138

Re: 2 Korey

Thank You Korey very much.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 2/18/05 4:00pm
Msg #21236

Re: 2 Dellaca

I WENT THROUGH THE POTAL SIGN UP AND IT ASKED ME FOR A CC AT THE END.
I MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.