Notary Rotary
AMTS - Any recent updates
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by PA notary on 2/1/05 11:50am
Msg #19022

Hello, I am scheduled to complete a closing for AMTS on this Friday evening. I have never did work for them before and the gentleman that I spoke with sounded extremely professional and friendly. Fees were reasonable.. so I accepted. However, I have since had the time to do a search here on the site and find mixed reviews about this SS in the past. Since the time of those posts, I was wondering if there are any updates on this company. I just want to make sure that I am not setting myself up to be screwed later on. Feedback (good and bad) is appreciated!

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 2/1/05 12:12pm
Msg #19030

AMTS - Not recent ...

I have done ONE with them (not available or no calls from them). This was awhile back and it was a Very Long Ameriquest refinance. My notes are: AMTS to be very professional. I was paid within my personal required timeframe at the fee I set. Ameriquest loan signing time long and Edocs were late from title company.

I have only heard "rumors" from others about slow payment or issues with the company.

Reply by jojo_MN on 2/1/05 12:51pm
Msg #19035

Re: AMTS - Not recent ...

I've done 3 signings for them. Paid within 6 weeks. No problems.

Reply by Glena/NV on 2/1/05 1:21pm
Msg #19041

Search previous posts and

also search at GMN board. You will see a lot of negative posts (by different notaries) about them. I have spoken to Ameriquest loan officer (so have others, I was told) in my attempt to collect money from them and have directed that loan officer to the negative posts on the GMN board. Within three weeks I got paid on two, but not on another invoice. It did take 4-6 months to get paid by them.

It would have been different if I was a lousy notary, but I am not. I have done a good job of signing for them with no problem. The last signing I did for them was when I caught a woman defrauding an elderly man...I had voided my certificates and returned the package back. That woman was later found out to have 12 different identities...a gypsy who has a record of taking money from people under false pretenses. After that, I did not receive any more orders from them, however the problem with pay did not start there.

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/1/05 1:34pm
Msg #19045

Glena -

My uncle (who has passed since then) was also defrauded by a gypsy scam!

He was also elderly. He handed over $50,000, plus bought her a new Mercedes, in a heartbeat EVEN THOUGH he did have others who cared about him and children who took good care of him. However, his wife had just died and he was reeling from that, PLUS he was always a sucker for a pretty face.

She told him that she was starting a sewing business and had won a bid on a contract with the Waldorf-Astoria in Houston to do all or part of their draperys. If only she had $50,000...and that Mercedes, she could pay him right back.

Well, they recovered the Mercedes, but the cash and they Gypsy got away.

I was very proud of him because he went to the police and agreed to be on the Houston news and spilled his guts to save other seniors from the same woman.

Give us an update!

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/1/05 1:35pm
Msg #19046

Spelling Policeman - Here's your chance! n/m

Reply by CaliNotary on 2/1/05 10:36pm
Msg #19102

Draperys? n/m

Reply by Fay, CA on 2/2/05 10:05am
Msg #19136

Re: Draperys? n/m

From English 1A

Change the Y to I and add es.

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/2/05 11:08pm
Msg #19250

Re: Draperys? n/m

Seems like I faintly remember something like that. I'll certainly put this in my notebook for future reference, Fay.

Smiley

Reply by Glena/NV on 2/1/05 1:11pm
Msg #19040

WILL NOT RECOMMEND IT! BE VERY LEARY!

I just got paid this month for a signing done in July. One of my invoices took 4 months to pay and yet another five months to pay.

These people are only nice when they need you...they are professional, but when you call t get your money, you will be ignored, you concerns never addressed and they will act like you never existed. The professionalism stops once you start calling about your money. They will pay you on time at first, but sooner or later, they will slack off. There are so many notaries who posted so negatively about them. Several notaries couldn't be wrong at the same time. If you spoke with Luis...the very person that I have dealt with so many times in the past. He has not decency to even return my calls.

I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY! The pay is good, but if it takes you as long as it took me to collect, see if you can make a living by doing business with them.

Reply by PA Notary on 2/1/05 1:25pm
Msg #19043

Re: WILL NOT RECOMMEND IT! BE VERY LEARY!

I am almost tempted to call and cancel from them. I did receive my confirmation and it is an Ameriquest loan. The scheduler told met that if all went well I would have to documents on Thursday. Since I know how things can sometime be held up (and on the feedback I'm receivin) I'm not even holding my breath that I will have it a day early.

Reply by ItsMe123 on 2/2/05 6:41pm
Msg #19208

I have Luis Cell phone-I got paid when I blew it up

I have Luis cell phone and the owners too. The mistakes they make when they really need you. If you want the cell numbers just post and I will email them

Reply by Rick McDonald on 7/21/06 10:53am
Msg #134482

Re: I have Luis Cell phone-I got paid when I blew it up

I would love to have the phone number for Luis and the owner of AMTS. Any chances? Thanks.

Reply by Joan-OH on 2/1/05 5:42pm
Msg #19066

I know others have had problems with them, but I have done two. They've met my fee, and paid within 35 days.

For those who are new, Glena's situation with AMTS last July was a VERY unusual situation in which articles were written about. I'm sure AMTS didn't get paid for that one, since the loan obviously didn't fund. Not a good excuse, but those who have been doing this for some time know it's sometimes like pulling teeth to get paid on loans that don't fund. Even with that, her payment took MUCH longer than it should have.

I just know I've done 2 that did fund and I was paid within a reasonable amount of time.

Joan-OH

Reply by lorraine2 on 2/2/05 1:48am
Msg #19114

I did one signing, took from May to December to pay. Called again a few weeks back (after 8 mos. and at last a payment) to offer me another signing. I politely refused. I also have been watching the mixed reviews, but I'll never work for them again. First time shame on them, second time shame on me.

Reply by Glena/NV on 2/2/05 12:07pm
Msg #19156

In response to Joan's post...

The one in July is an isolated event, if that was the only one. However, there were two othe invoices that did not get paid until four and five months later. Those loans have funded.

Now, if they were just responding to my payment inquiries, it would have been totally different. But they totally ignored it...so have they on other notaries who have posted badly about them. It took me several months of faxing docs and calling the loan officer to help me inorder to get paid. THAT TICKED ME OFF! There is no excuse for what they did.

Reply by Joan-OH on 2/2/05 6:06pm
Msg #19199

Re: In response to Joan's post...

I agree, that is too long. I didn't realize it went beyond that one incident. I wonder why I have been paid within a reasonable amount of time? Sounds to me like I might be the exception to the rule.

Joan-OH

Reply by pete on 2/2/05 2:02am
Msg #19116

i do 2 a month for them. Always get paid...ontime. Take it.

Reply by Anonymous on 2/2/05 11:44am
Msg #19152

Is AMTS the Abbreviation for Ameriquest????

Reply by Glena/NV on 2/2/05 12:09pm
Msg #19157

NO.

Ameriquest is their only client. A-MTS stands for A-Multi Travel Signing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.