Notary Rotary
Acknowledgement/ POA
Notary Discussion History

Acknowledgement/ POA
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by GinaB/CA on 2/19/05 2:24pm
Msg #21399

Acknowledgement/ POA

I have a POA signing where the wife has POA of her husband.who is out of country. The docs are preprinted with " personally appeared John doe and Jane Doe" Is that correct when when husband will not personally appear.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 2/19/05 2:49pm
Msg #21405

You've basically answered your own question. Just think about what the statement says and apply common sense and logic and adjust the certificate accordingly.

Reply by fiKS on 2/20/05 5:03pm
Msg #21544

Gina, your best answer should come from your SOS. I had a similar situation last week and I checked previous threads on this forum. But because each state has different requirements, the answers you get here can be misleading. I contacted my SOS last week and was confident when I had the documents signed. If the mortgage company, title or SS calls me about the way the docs were signed, I can confidently tell them that it complies my SOS.

For example, a poster on this forum said if Jane Doe is a signer for herself and also as Attorney In Fact for her husband, then her name should only appear once in the Acknowledgement as one who "personally appeared". However, my SOS says that I should list Jane Doe as herself and again Jane Doe for John Doe as Attorney In Fact.

Reply by Gina/CA on 2/21/05 1:19am
Msg #21587

Thanks fiks,

I listed signer twice as herself and attorney in fact. I wasn't able to get a hold of ss and docs have sent off to lender.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.