Notary Rotary
Announcement...
Notary Discussion History

Announcement...
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Nd_WA on 2/15/05 5:09pm
Msg #20686

Announcement...

Just published my website and would like comment & feedback from everyone how I can make it better.

http://www.notaryofwa.com

Thank you...Andy

Reply by PAW_Fl on 2/15/05 8:38pm
Msg #20714

I just took a quick glance at your site and noticed three problems in a potentially dynamite website:

(1) Home page is too wide to fit on the screen. I'm even at 1024x768 resolution on a 21" monitor and still had to scroll to the right.

(2) Numerous grammatical errors. For example:
"A Mobile Notary & Mortgage Loan Document Signing Services"
"Services" should be singular ... "Service"
"... commissioned to notarize document in ..."
"document" should be plural ... "documents"

(3) Link back to the Home page opens a new browser session rather than remaining in the same window.

Good start though and, as I said, has lots of potential.

Reply by CarolynCO on 2/15/05 9:23pm
Msg #20720

**(1) Home page is too wide to fit on the screen. I'm even at 1024x768 resolution on a 21" monitor and still had to scroll to the right.**

Hmmmm, viewing on my laptop, it doesn't even fill up the entire screen, and I don't have to scroll at all.

Reply by HisHughness on 2/15/05 10:35pm
Msg #20725

Andy, I have to second Paul's observation. You desperately need someone to edit your site. If I were looking for a notary public, I would immediately go elsewhere, because the spelling/grammatical/mechanical/punctuation errors bespeak a lack of professionalism. Talk to me about helping you out. Be advised: I don't come free, or even cheap.

Also, you may want to consider the function of your site. I check the stats on my site several times a week, including how long visitors spend on each page. That period is unbelievably short, even for the home page. Your home page looks great, with all the whells and bistles, but you're going to find that few visitors linger long enough to see them all. Normally, what you want is something that will hit the visitor right between the eyeballs with a sledgehammer, then hook him in the cheek so he can't get away. The vast majority of your visitors are going to be gone before they get either hit or hooked.

Reply by Nd_WA on 2/16/05 3:43am
Msg #20742

Wow...Blow me down! Just gave myself a pad in the back for a good start Smiley. I used frontpage02 to create the site and still learning as I go about doing each step.

Nice catch Paul, I noticed the page view problem also. It fit perfectly normal in an AOL window but the scroll bar appear when view in IE.

As for the spelling/grammatical errors, I just put together all signing keywords used most by search engines from a brainstorming software. What everyone read there is temporary for my content analysis purpose, proof-reading and corrections will follow once I'm through with the functionality part of the site.

I'm a DYI kind of guy so no thanks to pro-web designer offer.

Thank you everyone for your time (7 min/session) and the great feedback.

Andy

Reply by veteran WebMaster on 2/15/05 10:43pm
Msg #20728

(sigh) Never got beyond the Home Page.

First, there's the problems with the English language.

Second, it is not a valid HTML document.

Sorry, Andy. For a fee I will do a detailed analysis and suggest corrections. There's just too much wrong.

Reply by Reginald Wilks on 2/16/05 5:51am
Msg #20746

Nd_WA

Not a bad website.

Thanks for the forms I had been trying to find the forms I needed and now thanks to you I have them.

Reginald Wilks

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.