Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Anybody get an email from Right-Now Notaries looking for..
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by BarbaraL_CA on 2/2/05 8:55pm
Msg #19220

someone with lone experience? Note the "lone" experience - Hugh?

(You would think someone handling loan docs would know how to spell loan)

Reply by Spell Check on 2/2/05 9:33pm
Msg #19229

It is amazing how many typo's and spelling errors are made on the many posting on this forum. Spell check is a wonderful thing! It really looks bad when words that are used in
our business everyday are incorrect in spelling and usage.

Reply by Punctuation Police on 2/2/05 9:39pm
Msg #19231

Yeah! Not only that, but some people even put in apostrophes where they're not needed, such as PLURALS!

The book (and CD) "Eats, shoots & leaves" are highly recommended.

Reply by Glena/NV on 2/4/05 2:46am
Msg #19395

I got blasted by...

Soshana in California for correcting a spelling made by a poster at GMN. She said that I should not discourage someone from becoming a notary...COME ON!

Notorious Dave - used to be Dave used the word NOTORY, so I made a joke that we are NOTARIES and not NOTORIOUS. Anyway, my main purpose was to discourage notaries from using that word because as we all know, it is a common mistake just like we hear people referring to us as Notary Republic, instead of Notary Public. This is similar to that and are often used by many of us.

As notaries, we should first and foremost, know the correct terms associated with our profession.

Anyway, Dave became Notorious Dave and he blamed me for it....thanks, Dave! And Soshana became notorious for being a NOTORY.

Joking aside, we should all learn the correct terms associated with this profession, and if anyone tries to pitch in to correct something, don't criticize that person, but rather encourage her. It is not right to let a person think that what they are saying is right if you know for a fact that it is wrong. You could never hurt an educated person, and an educated person would appreciate the help rather than be offended by it.

Reply by patricia on 2/2/05 9:36pm
Msg #19230

I got a telephone call and a fax from this "company" and they pay $50.00 per
signing plus $20.00 for e-docs. They requested that I fax to them copies of my drivers license, notary commission, notary stamp, social security card and car insurance. I threw
the paperwork out.

Reply by dmathews_CA on 2/4/05 4:58pm
Msg #19448

Re: Anybody get an email from Right-Now Notaries looking for

Maybe they are lonely.

Dick

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.