Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Anyone familiar with TransUnion Settlement Solutions?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by fiKS on 2/8/05 5:40pm
Msg #19821

Their 16-page application packet seems pretty extensive and want consent for criminal background check. I'd like to register with them if I can get positive feedback from other agents.

Reply by MORITZ - PETER on 2/8/05 6:35pm
Msg #19831

TransUnion is a good company. It is worth the time. The people who aren't serious, won't take the time. Sometimes they do it for that purpose. As far as criminal investigation, your state already did that when you became a Notary, so what the heck! Best of luck! Be blessed!
Smiley Lori

Reply by Happy_in_Fl on 2/8/05 7:36pm
Msg #19836

This is a $40 Company.

Notary Beware put out an Alert on December 27, 2004 warning of the fine print in their Contract Agreement saying thet are reducing our fee by $4.

Why waste your valuable time accepting $40 signings? Then they take $4 of that!

Personally, when I saw what they were, I would not sign on with them. There are literally Thousands - And Thousands of Companies to sign up with.. and the rates are reasonable.

This Company is on my Avoid List, for ready reference .

Reply by fiKS on 2/8/05 8:43pm
Msg #19842

I noticed the $40 fee on their contract and I emailed their Vendor Management and told them what my min. fee is. I was asked to adjust the fee in the contract and submit it. If they are willing to meet my fee for a particular assignment, they will call me.

I don't mind the background check but I've also read on this board how some companies say they run criminal backround checks only but they also run other reports without our knowledge or consent.

Reply by Lee/AR on 2/9/05 12:24am
Msg #19890

Check 'background checks'... previous threads

Yes, TU will do a background check and will not do it until you accept a signing...then they deduct $40 (from your $46 fee???). Been there/done that. Also, not sure if it was this board, and this is hearsay--but someone said that they also do a credit check---even tho' they say they don't---as it showed up on a credit report--which the poster questioned and was told that it WAS for TU's background check. Isn't it also just a bit coincidental that TransUnion is one of the Big 3 Credit Bureaus??

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.