Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Becca/FL on 2/18/05 8:54pm
Msg #21297

Can someone please explain scanning...

Reply by Becca/FL on 2/18/05 9:03pm
Msg #21300

Oops....

I'll try again.

Why is it so difficult for some companies to scan docs in?

Here I sit, my first Friday night off in 6 weeks and I'm home, printing docs for signings tomorrow. I have seen some of the most screwed up looking pdf docs today. Don't these companies have any pride? I am embarrassed to present the docs to the borrower.

We signing agents must pay for the upkeep of our equipment or we don't work. Why can't the lenders/Title Cos/SS's keep there equipment working properly?

Comments please

Reply by PAW_Fl on 2/18/05 9:29pm
Msg #21306

Re: Oops....

>>> We signing agents must pay for the upkeep of our equipment or we don't work. Why can't the lenders/Title Cos/SS's keep there equipment working properly? <<<

Becca, from my experience it's not their equipment. It's the operators. With sophisticated scanners and document processors, there are operator instructions, but a lot of time they neglect to RTFM and just use it the best they think they know how. How many times have your received docs that were 90 degree rotated or up-side-down? How many faxes do you get that are so crooked they're next to impossible to read? (These are rhetorical questions, of course.) My point is, that a lot of times no one is properly trained to properly operate the proper equipment. They buy these $4,000 HP Digital Senders but don't learn the best way to scan and send documents.

Reply by Becca/FL on 2/18/05 9:54pm
Msg #21311

You’re right. It gets so frustrating sometimes. I just want to do a good job AND present a nice, polished, professional image.

I did some “time” in an assembly line escrow title company. I worked with plenty of ex-manicurists and T-shirt folders. I think I heard “do you want fries with that?” a few times. NEVER AGAIN! Half of them didn’t know what a HUD was – forget scanning and emailing it.

There are very few old school Title professionals, anymore. I think it’s sad.

Guess I'm just complaining because I have to work this weekend. I figure, the more I do this weekend, the more I can squeeze in on tuesday.

Reply by Slarty_FL on 2/18/05 10:22pm
Msg #21314

At least you have some work to complain about. Smiley

Reply by Becca/FL on 2/18/05 10:47pm
Msg #21315

Where are you in Florida? I'm on the Treasure Coast. Send me your contact info and I'll put you on my referral list. I believe in networking!

Reply by Slarty_FL on 2/19/05 3:27pm
Msg #21417

This response should be linked to me profile, thanks! You can also find out more than you ever wanted to know about me at www.kevinmcnulty.com . I agree about networking. I am brand spanking new to the biz, and learning TONS from these posts. I appreciate everything all of you have to share.

Feedback on the website is apprecaited also! Thanks!!!

Reply by Slarty_FL on 2/19/05 3:29pm
Msg #21419

>>should be linked to me profile

...and while I am Irish, I actually did mean "MY profile". Smiley With all the banter about grammar on here lately, I didn't want folks to think I had actually missed that typo.

Reply by Victoria/FL on 2/19/05 7:28am
Msg #21336

Becca, did I read several days ago that you were looking to "mentor" someone? I'm located in Tampa, and am always looking for ways to improve myself. I've been a signing agent since September and was in mortgage lending for 5 years. I grew up on the Treasure Coast...St. Lucie County. I've been doing several signings a week, but am looking to increase my business (hey, aren't we all?!). Let me know if you can help. Thanks!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.