Notary Rotary
Comfirm
Notary Discussion History

Comfirm
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by DellaCa on 2/9/05 10:56am
Msg #19920

Comfirm

I can't get in touch with the barrowers for tonights signing at the home, I'm sure they are at work .My question is -is it inappropriate to call the work # to confirm?
Thanks

Reply by td on 2/9/05 10:59am
Msg #19923

Re: Confirm

No, it's not appropriate. If the numbers are on your order, then you can call them to confirm your appointment. Good luck!

Reply by DellaCa on 2/9/05 11:06am
Msg #19926

I'm a little confused on your answer , maybe my cobwebs have not cleared this morning. I do have both #'s on the order home and work. So your saying it is not appropriate to call work? Or the # for work is on the order so its ok to call?

No, it's not appropriate. If the numbers are on your order, then you can call them to confirm your appointment. Good luck

Reply by Jon on 2/9/05 11:16am
Msg #19929

If the work # was provided, I call it. Just be careful not to "share" any info with whomever may answer the phone. Just ask if the borrower is available. If the person who answered wants more info, say something like "I need to confirm an appointment with Borrower Name."

Many borrowers do not want their work, or anyone else for that matter, to know what they are doing.

Reply by DellaCa on 2/9/05 11:28am
Msg #19931

Thank you , that worked out well ,turned out the work # was husbands cell phone.But now I understand if its on work order i can use it with care.

Reply by Ted_MI on 2/9/05 12:03pm
Msg #19939

Della,

I think TD meant to type "No, it's not inappropriate". Gathered that from the rest of his message.

I always call work numbers before home numbers if it is during the day. I feel it is important to give the borrowers as much notice as possible.

Reply by DellaCa on 2/9/05 12:10pm
Msg #19941

Thank You Ted

Reply by Ernest_CT on 2/10/05 12:12am
Msg #20033

Calling work number

One of the few times I called a borrower's work number the business was a huge organization. Instead of putting me through to the borrower's extension, they sent my call to a person whose name sounded close to the borrower's. I had to leave voicemail (the person didn't give her last name on her outgoing greeting). Result: Two very confused people playing phone tag.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.