Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Cost of E-docs (print 2 sets vs print 1 and copy 1)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by BarbaraL_CA on 2/16/05 1:16am
Msg #20735

Just curious if anyone has ever figured out the most cost effective way to produce e-docs. Is it more cost effective to print 2 sets, or to print only 1 set and go to Kinko's or where ever and copy the other set?

Reply by CaliNotary on 2/16/05 1:48am
Msg #20736

What value do you place on your time? That alone makes it not worth it.

Besides, printing them yourself is much cheaper anyway. Paper is cheap, toner can be cheap if you refill your cartridges yourself.

Reply by calipat/ca on 2/16/05 2:33am
Msg #20741

I agree wiht CaliNotary. I would rather print them myself than go to Kinko's. My time is valuable and at least when I am printing them I am getting other things done around my home. The Kinko's here always has way too many people, so not worth my time at all.

Reply by Art_MD on 2/16/05 7:10am
Msg #20747

Re: printing costs - estimate

I did a cost analysis of printing docs baed on paper, toner, and printer life. It came to a little over .05 per copy. This was based on using new toner cartidges. I now refill. The current cost is probably around .03 per page.

Art

Reply by PAW_Fl on 2/16/05 7:49am
Msg #20750

Printing them yourself on your own laser printer will be the most materials cost effective way. Now, as for your time to do it, that may be a different matter. Time is money and if you have the time to print them yourself, then it is the better way to go.

In my "shop" I have three printers. I print the original document on my HP 1300 and as it is printing, I'll copy the docs on the HP 3330. This is especially helpful with PDF files that are all images and take a long time to print in the first place. I did a TCT set yesterday (109 pages) at 3 pages per minute to print. However, the copying was at 15 pages per minute, so total time to make the entire package was about 40 minutes instead of an hour and 10 minutes, had I printed it twice.

Reply by yvonne78 on 2/16/05 1:15pm
Msg #20823

I guess it just depends on how close you live to a kinkos or store that makes copies or how efficent you are working copiers , I personally go to staples they charge .05 a copy and have self copy machines it takes about 90 seconds to copy a full set of docs I just load the copier and off it goes. It usally only costs be $2.00-$3.00 dollars and like I said takes little to no time on top of that staples has a rewards card and you get back a % of what you spend back in the form of a gift certifcate along with great coupons on all types of office supplies.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.