Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Efax & HP 3015 - I can't figure out how ...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Becca/FL on 2/22/05 10:02am
Msg #21780

to print on legal paper. I have tried all types of settings.

If anyone has experience with this situation, please let me know.

TIA

Reply by PAW_Fl on 2/22/05 10:23am
Msg #21782

Becca... Call me.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 2/22/05 2:20pm
Msg #21819

Go to printer properties and select leagal.

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/22/05 2:51pm
Msg #21825

I agree with ERNA, however, if they scanned it in wrong, I don't think you can make it print out on the legal size. That was my experience once.

BrendaTX - Only Partially Perplexed HP 3015 Owner

Reply by Becca/FL on 2/22/05 3:39pm
Msg #21835

Of course everything was set on legal and it still would not print out legal size. Even PAW was perplexed.

After hours of trying every configuration (Properties) that I could think of, Voila! (sp) I printed an efaxed HUD. The trick was to set paper to auto select and under effects uncheck scale to fit, I think? What ever I did, it worked so I just had to remember what it was that I did. Now, it’s written it down for future reference.

I'm still not thrilled to be an HP 3015 owner and can't wait to have my Samsung (fka the POS printer) back and running.

Reply by GA/VA on 2/22/05 4:07pm
Msg #21843

Yes, I was soooo frustrated last night with my HP 3015, I almost cried (literally) I was messing with it for 2hrs! Somehow, the printer changed settings. (I'm the only one that operates the thing so I guess it was me, but I don't remember doing anything to it) and everytime I tried to print it gave an error message. Well the directions don't really help and when I called the support number I had to answer 101 questions just to be transfered to a number that was closed! I tried the on line help but that gives you 101 promps that did not let me chat with anyone. I finally figured it out and got it working...but tonight I have to figure out how to set up the scanner. I'll tell ya if it's not one thing it's another. The booklets don't have scanner info-mainly fax set up. However, with the CD there is a prompt for view instructions ( I believe is the prompt) and it has scan set up instructions.

Needless to say..I'm not pleased as punch with my HP 3015 but I'm gonna have to work with it for a long while!

Reply by Jess/NC on 2/22/05 4:24pm
Msg #21848

HP 3015 - I can't figure out how ...

I thought it was just me having problems with this thing!
Why would it have taken almost an hour to print out a couple of copies of an edoc packet (PDF file) that was only 40 pages long. (I did not select "Print as Image") It printed one page, then stopped, then printed the next page, then stopped, etc.
Today I printed out 2 copies of a 92 page loan and it went so smoothly-it took about 20 minutes or so to do those plus the Huds and Closer Instructions...I didn't do anything differently. Does it matter how the documents are scanned?
BTW I can't get it to scan at all but I haven't had time this week to mess with it! (Just got it last week)

Reply by Becca_FL on 2/22/05 4:25pm
Msg #21849

GA - Please call me anytime, it would be nice to commiserate with another frustrated HP owner. Seems all I ever read on the boards is how fantastic the HP printers are. UGH!

It's nice to know, I'm not alone.

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/22/05 4:32pm
Msg #21853

I like my HP quite a bit, however, I think my 2nd PCL printer just might be a Brother. I'll always keep an HP handy for the purpose of 100% PCL, but considering the 99% Bro for a backup...or frontup...whatever.

OK...back to the salt mines.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 2/22/05 6:15pm
Msg #21871

I have 3 Brother Laser printers and I love them. I have never had a problem printing any edocs or efaxes. I always hear the raving about HP but I never had anything but nightmares with HP equipment and customer service is a joke.

Reply by GA/VA on 2/22/05 7:45pm
Msg #21887

I surely will call you...just tell me how to get your ph# number.

I'm tired tonight and I MUST watch the "One Day at A time" reunion! Smiley However, I'm gonna have to tackle this scanner sometime this week.

FYI-I started to get a Brother but everyone (or many people) here and a girlfriend of mine all like HP and so after much research I settled for the 3015. I heard something about the printer head or something running bad quickly and being expensive to replace with Brother. So, I went with HP and the rest is history.

Reply by Becca/FL on 2/22/05 10:19pm
Msg #21917

Wow, I feel so much better

I listened to the raves of HP and PCL and fell for it too. We share the same experience. Shall we form an underground sub-culture of HP-a-phobs?

Really, I’m just glad to be getting along with it now.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.