Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Emobilenotary..they really don't understand what the SA is?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Nicole_NCali on 2/16/05 12:07pm
Msg #20799

I got a call from emobilenotary yesterday, I accepted the assignment, but ran to my computer to check on their reputation. After that, I called them back promptly w/in 5minutes to turn down an overnight assigment. I advised them that they have a horrrible reputation with about 90% of the notaries on the boards and that the 10% who have good experiences is not a good equation for me to accept an assignment.

This person then tells me ok and calls back to say that the docs were picked up by Fedex 10 minutes ago. I advised her that she can call fedex to get the docs rerouted or returned to her business by calling the 800 number. Mind you, this whole transaction was within a 20 minute time frame, from 1st call, to declining the assigment, to fedex.

I firmly tell her that this is not my problem and that she needs to get the package back and find another notary. I also kind of berate her because, I inform her of the companies that I do work for who pay promptly whether the loan funds or not and that a notary has no vested interest in the outcome of the loan (it is against the law) and should be compensated accordingly. She begins to ramble on about paying promptly if the loan file closes ok and that if the escrow company doesn't pay them, they begin collection activity. I find this to be a load of crock, because I collect for a municipality for individual departments, and no matter what, the employees are paid (I know, not a good comparison) She says that she can't control the opinion on the boards and hangs up after saying she will find someone else.

This person calls back and says that she has another notary in the area who will accept the assignment, I say ok, she then gives me a directions to their house like I am going to deliver the packet. I then tell her she will either have the package redirected by fedex or get this person to pick this up. I am not a free courier service.

I know that I should keep the lousy companies in my PDA for quick reference, but I don't have time to get stuck in another : you get paid when we get paid scenario.

PS..for all of the lousy companies who have been calling, I have informed them that their business practices suck and they should be ashamed of themselves. This one just slipped by me.

Reply by CaliNotary on 2/16/05 12:16pm
Msg #20802

Bravo!

Good for you for telling them exactly why you were declining the assignment. We all should be doing that when we get calls from these deadbeat companies.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 2/16/05 12:30pm
Msg #20807

Re: Bravo!

But what stupified me is that she was able to find another notary who will more than likely not get paid or have to do the runaround dance with them.

She was miffed with me, but I don't care. I just think that my time is worth more than dealing with a company that is going to forceably make me a stakeholder in this borrowers refi.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 2/16/05 12:35pm
Msg #20809

To bad you couldn't get the other Notaries name and contact information!! You, as a fellow serving notary public, could have told the other notary why you declined, and from their, allow the other notary to make his/her decision.

What you did is what I do.... if a company calls me I jump onto Notary Rotary, (if at home) and within seconds I give them an answer. I've actually been told by one company that "we (notaries) suck and have bad repuations throught out the United States." My reply was "if we notaries suck and have a bad reputation, then why are you needing to get in contact with a Notary?" The company just hung up the phone!!! LOL

Reply by Ty_MN on 2/16/05 12:43pm
Msg #20814

THAT"S funny Korey. I would've said, "well yeah, who's calling who right now?!

I do tell the bad companies that I wont work for them because I want to work for a ethical company that holds the same standards for follow-though as I do. Thus I follow-through in getting the signing done and they follow-through in paying. They don't like to hear the truth thrown back at them about not paying, etc and they only hang up Korey because they have no defense for their actions!

Reply by Ted_MI on 2/16/05 2:29pm
Msg #20835

Korey,

I think your approach in dealing with "bad" companies is very advisable particularly in the long run, because conceivably they will take you out of their data base given your frank response. I would imagine that some nsa's would just cop out and respond that they were busy. Then they may get calls from the same company in the future.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 2/16/05 5:35pm
Msg #20886

You may be right, however, remember, they insulted us notaries by saying we (notaries) suck and have a bad reputation.

I'm sorry but if the "deadbeat" companies wish to take me off their list.... LET 'EM, because they are already off mine!!

Reply by Califnotary on 2/16/05 5:03pm
Msg #20879

That brings me to a question. How do we know who is good and who is bad (or less reputable)? As a new signing agent we are told to sign up with as many companies as possible yet how do we know who has good business practices? I know Notary Rotary has a rating site with stars but is this enough to turn down business? Do most of you go by this rating system?

Reply by CarolynCO on 2/16/05 5:08pm
Msg #20880

I don't know, and maybe it's just me, but there seems like a lot of things happened in 10 minutes. While I admit that I don't have a problem with calling and telling SS's that they will have to make other arrangements for the signing if I have not received the e-docs within 2 hours before the scheduled signing, in this case, however, I have a feeling that the borrowers are going to be the ones that are hung out to dry. Once the documents are in FedEx's possession, even if just for 10 minutes, they are still "in route" to the recipient, and in this case, I feel that you are obligated to follow through with your original commitment and proceed with the signing. If you don't get paid, then just consider it a lesson to make it a point to develop your own no-no list, print it out, and have it available at all times.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 2/16/05 6:02pm
Msg #20893

Re: I don't accept business from unethical entities

Carolyn, this company is unethical and is in some instances causing the notary to have a vested interest in the transaction, which is against California Law for Notary. If they are not astute enough to get the package rerouted as I do many of times with my own packets (for my other business), then that is their problem.

I am not about to accept a signing from a company which acknowledges that it has a bad reputation with notaries but does not change their business practices. That would be stupidity on my part. As far as the accepting of the assignment, they were able to find another notary w/in 1 minute of me turning it down, so I don't feel sorry for Emobile, I feel sorry for the sucker that they got to do it.

p.s. the packet was not sent to me anyway. This just shows with a little ingenuity on emobile part, they can do miracles if they wanted to. So when they start babbling about unfunded loans, well ...I will leave it at that.

Reply by CarolynCO on 2/16/05 6:52pm
Msg #20912

Nicole,
I'm glad it all worked out and that the docs were able to rerouted to the new notary. I just didn't want the borrowers to get shafted because the docs would be sitting on your doorstep. Although I can understand you not accepting business from unethical entities, you did originally accept the signing -- which, as I've already said, should probably prompt not only you, but every NSA to make their own no-no list and print out hard copies that can be perused when the SS calls us about a particular signing.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 2/16/05 6:57pm
Msg #20914

I now have one that I keep in my car where I can refer to it asap. Yet this one slipped by me. so far I have avoided SOX, Lady will assist, etc..

Reply by Notary/WA on 2/17/05 3:33pm
Msg #21071

Re: A span 20 mintutes or TWO HOURS?

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 2/17/05 4:34pm
Msg #21085

Re: A span 20 mintutes or TWO HOURS?

20 minutes

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/17/05 5:39pm
Msg #21093

Emobilenotary...

Been thinking about whether or not to respond about eMobileNotary.

I know that some of the Veteran-Well-Respecteds here have had really rotten luck with them. There are many threads and discussions on this company.

However, I have now done a grand total of three over the past 13 months and been paid quickly and they met my fees.

I would still work for them if I got a call. It's like Carolyn says, what is one person's trash is another person's treasure.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 2/17/05 6:49pm
Msg #21111

Re: Emobilenotary...

I respect where you are coming from Brenda, but I have a lot on my plate and tracking down payments is not something that I am about to do. I already have one highly recommended company who owe me $85 and I am just not in the mood for another company which tells me straight out, you get paid when we get paid. That is BS. I do signings directly for my mortgage company but I get about $200 per signing and volume. I also generate loans (got into this because of my two friends who are loan officers) so I am stretched for time.

Thank God, I only accepted one signing from my branch manager and nothing else.

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/17/05 7:20pm
Msg #21115

Re: Emobilenotary...

I made my response for those who aren't getting calls all the time and who might be missing an opportunity. You are fortunate to be in the position you are.

If it were me, a call from eMobileNotary would not be considered as I would not open my schedule for a signing company and would keep all my time slots available for doing the volume of $200 assignments.

Reply by Lorraine-eMobile Notary on 2/18/05 10:27am
Msg #21165

Re: A response....

Having done ONE signing and also having never worked for our company, I cannot believe the audacity you have to get on here and post these statements.

First of all, I personally do KNOW what a Signing Agent is! Having been in the mortgage industry for over 16 years, working my way from up-front app input person to processor, doc prep person, funder, auditor, jr. Underwriter, Loan Officer, and being commissioned at various points in time in both the states of Washington and California I feel I have a pretty acurate view of what is involved in a loan closing.

Secondly, the time span was quite a bit more than 20 minutes and you left me and the title company scambling to get the appointment rescheduled. The title officer is the one who had to track down her docs and get them rerouted, they are not sent from our office. Also, you were the one who stated if we found someone in your area that you would get the docs to them.

Our company has been in existance for 12 years, we are not some fly-by-night firm. And our payment policies are posted on the registration form that you filled-out just three months ago.

I normally do not respond to the posts about our company here, but I feel the statements you made are a personal affront to myself.

I think maybe you are the one who does not know what a Signing Agent is!!!

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 2/18/05 11:33am
Msg #21179

Re: A response....and your point is

As I stated, your reputation is horrible with over 90% of the notaries who post on her and gmn. I my cell time and the time on my land line when the whole transaction took place. As far as your staying power, that is not in question. What is in question is that your company operate on the premise of you get paid when we get paid.

I am a loan officer, and I close loans for some of my colleagues. I understand that if the loans are rescinded, I know that my colleagues don't receive commission yet I get my notarization fee. That is bad business all the way around and by the way, the payments are done timely. Companies should have enough working capital to pay their accounts receivables and notarizations are considered a/r. Your company does make the notary a stakeholder in the outcome of a loan. (that is illegal)

Here is something you guys should try, pay your receivables, timely, whether the loan funds or not. If your aren't paid by the esrow or title company, you sue and collect and leave the notaries out of the middle.

If your are so concerned about my statements, then you should check out the other statements by other posters. It is enough to raise a couple of eyebrows. Who wants to deal with that. And the ones who do, God bless them.

I post the good and the bad. Some of the best SS are Negretes Notary Service, NCS-Placer title company, Belle Escrow, Sage Escrow, Trust Notary and even Servicelink.

Essentially, this is a moot conversation, your company and I do not have professional entanglements now or in the future. Oh, I have over 400 signings under my belt since I started this enterprise 6 months ago. I unfortunatley signed up with your company before I saw or searched out the previous horrific posts.

Reply by Lorraine-eMobile Notary on 2/18/05 1:51pm
Msg #21211

Re: MY POINT IS....

You do not know what a Signing Agent is!! (Obviously-by the unprofessionalism you've shown)

And that you should think before you start bad-mouthing a company that you have no personal knowledge of.

Reply by sue on 2/20/05 10:33am
Msg #21518

Oh my, I am slow on getting in on this. Hey Lorraine, what was it the judge told your company when you tried the 'they get paid when we get paid' theory? Oh that's right, you were shot down and a judgment was entered against e-mobile. Too bad all the notaries you've ripped off on that theory haven't filed suit because you'd have had to pay up or go the route of the other low life signing services and go through the efforts to close down and reopen under another name.

Yes, I do have experience with your company (only once and that was more than enough for me) and Tom & Renee are the two most obnoxious 'business' persons I've ever dealt with in this or any other business.

Reply by HisHughness on 2/20/05 12:56pm
Msg #21525

Lorraine, I am a signing agent, I know what a signing agent is and what a signing agent does, and I DO have experience with your company. I must say, I have to agree with you 100 percent. Emobile Notary is not a fly-by-night outfit by any means. It is more of a skulking-in- the-shadows-like-a-jackal-in-a-graveyard company.

I hope I have helped straighten that out for you. I want to see emobile get its due.

I also think the poster was wrong to say that Tom & Renee are the "most obnoxious business persons." Tom just isn't in Renee's class vis a vis obnoxiousness.

Reply by Colleen Martin on 7/21/09 9:59am
Msg #296692

was this judgment filed in washington?? i totally agree with you about tom. what a jackass

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.