Notary Rotary
Erna...o/t...sort of
Notary Discussion History

Erna...o/t...sort of
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by BrendaTX on 2/19/05 3:37pm
Msg #21423

Erna...o/t...sort of

***Posted by ERNA_CA on 2/19/05 3:10pm Msg #21414 from logged in user I for one apreciate humor, therefore iI will continue reading your postings (: I much prefear going through life smiling and humor definatly helps me to smile through lifes trials and tribulations. Hats off to all the folks with humor.***

Erna - I noticed earlier that you seem to be able to roll with the punches and was just about to make note of that in RW's thread...then realized that if I was going to avoid silliness in his thread, I needed to get started. Smiley

It's great that your daughter works for a title company and can help you along in this. Sometimes those kids do turn out to be "worth a plug."

Reply by ERNA_CA on 2/19/05 4:15pm
Msg #21431

Yes i dont think I would have stuck it out or avoided silly quistions and mistakes without my daughter. My first siging was terrifying I had hoped to sit in on a signing at my daughters Title company but did get my first signing before that could be arranged. I survived but i would advise all new notaries to go along to a signing if at all possible as well as make use of all tools avalable to read up on laws and all the diffrent loan documents. If I had had access to this site it would have helped me a great deal. Dealing with the agencies was a learing experiance, but ones i decided that in cases like the infamous SIGN ON THE X the only thing they cared about was making the money, all i had to do was tell them " either pay up or I will contact all your costomers. I enjoy the banter and humor. Keep up the good work. (:

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/19/05 5:07pm
Msg #21439

Erna - I like you upside down smiley faces. ( :

If you do the : first and then the ) - you get a smiley. Smiley

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/19/05 5:09pm
Msg #21440

Okay...the above is the second post today where I have said you for your. I caught 'em. My excuse, Hugh is............Erna!

She's teaching me to type as if I had English as a second language.
Smiley

Reply by ERNA_CA on 2/19/05 5:12pm
Msg #21442

You are in trouble, as English is my third language and typo is my middle name Smiley

Reply by Ted_MI on 2/19/05 7:57pm
Msg #21467

Re: Erna... - question

Erna,

So am curious - what are your first two languages? Given those circumstances, I think you write very well.

I think you were very wise to acknowledge this, to ward off any potential criticism.

Reply by to ted_mi on 2/19/05 11:27pm
Msg #21486

First two languages are. Icelandic ,that is where i came from. Second language is Danish wich was requiered as a second language all through my elementary and high school years. Third English. I do run into criticism wich usualy happens when folks are not aware of my background, but I dont let it bother me. Hardest thing for me is not to type it the way I say it, that is how my language is constructed. And thank you Ted Smiley

Reply by HisHughness on 2/19/05 11:46pm
Msg #21487

Erna, do you know if Icelandic has Indo-European roots? Danish? Are the two languages similar?

Reply by ERNA_CA on 2/20/05 1:57pm
Msg #21528

Iceland was settled by vikings and the icelandic language is the old viking language, wich is the same as the old norweigen language. All the scandinavian languaes are similar but not so close that we can comunicat without beiing familiar with each others language.

Reply by Ted-MI on 2/20/05 7:35pm
Msg #21565

Erna,

But I bet you could understand a good bit of norwegian and swedish even if you don't know the language. I remember when I lived in Central America and was speaking Spanish all the time I could understand a good bit of the VOA (Voice of America) broadcasts in portuguese, even though I didn't know a word of portuguese. Someone later said to me " Ahh but Ted that was VOA portuguese not street portuguese". And I knew they had made a very valid point.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 2/20/05 8:35pm
Msg #21568

Yes very true, I would be able to follow the tread of a conversation, as long as the parties were not speaking street language (slang). But I would not be able to partisapate in the conversation. Same as a Spanish speaking person reconizing many of the words in portuguese . But often the words do not mean the same thing, so one must be careful as not to ofend.

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/20/05 8:48pm
Msg #21570

Whatever the case, Erna/Ted - more than one language and you're my hero. I can understand and speak only very little Spanish but think that all Texans would do well to learn it.

Reply by Ted_MI on 2/20/05 11:48am
Msg #21520

Erna,

Yep, I would imagine that for a non-native spelling English is indeed a "bear" (very difficult).

Reply by ERNA_CA on 2/19/05 5:11pm
Msg #21441

Smiley Thank you

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.