Notary Rotary
Eureka!
Notary Discussion History

Eureka!
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 2/19/05 9:17am
Msg #21339

Eureka!

When I got my first computer in something like 1985, it opened up entirely new vistas for me. One of the things I used to do when I was working on something with chapters, or when I needed to compare originals with edited versions, was to split the screen. I haven't done that for years, since Windows became the OS portal. Occasionally, I would want to do it, but just didn't know how.

This morning I finally learned how to do it in Windows. I feel like I just discovered aluminum foil, or some other boon to mankind.

Just think: Now I can have a picture of Dennis on one side of my screen, and Hillary Clinton on the other. Or CaliNotary and a fresh-meat "newbie." Or Brenda and a 1,428-page memo. The prospects are dazzling. A liquor store on one side and an ample chest on the other. A bass boat on one side and an ample chest on the other. A trust fund on one side and an ample chest on the other.

The future is indeed bright.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 2/19/05 9:28am
Msg #21344

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that remembers DOS 3.0 and the 12" floppies. How did you do it Hugh, I have'nt been able to do split screen since windows 3.1

Reply by Dave_CA on 2/19/05 9:30am
Msg #21345

You could also hook up a 2nd monitor thus providing even more screen real estate for "ample chests" but I suppose that could lead to stress over which display had the better resolution and thus which to use for the less important images.
It is always good to see someone get their priorities right out in front.
Thanks for helping to kick start a rain soaked morning.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.