Notary Rotary
Express signings
Notary Discussion History

Express signings
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Carole-MI on 2/18/05 6:57am
Msg #21146

Express signings

I received a fax from them at 4 a.m. this morning. I must have filled out an internet interest form. When I received it I thought "good another SS to add" then I got a look at their fee schedule. Can you believe that they want you to do a signing for $40? I wouldn't walk out the door for $40. ( Can't the nearest town where I live is 10 miles away, nothing but wheat and cattle between me and town.)

Anyway, I sent their e-mail back to them stating "Thank, but no thanks"

Reply by Happy_in_Fl on 2/18/05 11:20am
Msg #21175

Re: Express signings/ any many others!

Good for you Carole. If more Notaries would do that, we would see better results from Signing Services relative to Pay.

I have signed up with over 500 companies now-- and yes I turn down more and more jobs- because of the low fees, and some because of their Pay Policies, and Fax Back requirements.

I agree to fax back only one time- when they give me the first assignment- after that "no more"- except by Special Request from Title Companies- who want to get started on funding etc. but they pay my fees, and deserve the extra special care. Thats my way now- may not be what others are doing, every one has to handle their own company to suit their needs.

I have very few Signing Services that I accept work from- mainly Title Companies and "other" Notary work;- non- loan type which is starting to be the Bread and Butter source of my income.

Signing Services now, especially ones from California, keep calling with the $40 or $50 deals- "Oh your charging $75 now-? they forget the last 3 times I worked for them, they paid me the $75 and $35 e-docs- but they are becoming accustomed to getting new notaries at the low rate, and expect the experienced to Cowtoe to that as well.

I have stopped marketing Signing Services all together now- concentrating on Title- Mortgage- and Attorneys for Loan Signings. Plus concentrating on the "other" aspects of Mobile Notary work, and don't have half the problems. Even getting Paid- is almost Hassle Free.

Signing Services are all- so nice and sweet talking to get you to take their bait-(opps assignment) and when done they thank you profusely for going the second mile, then when its time to pay, they come across like pulling teeth- and you have to call- e-mail and all that garbage-- to be paid- it's like dealing with the dredges of Society- not all of course- but there are a lot out there- and some Popular Named companies- boy I'm learning fast!

Guess I'm sounding off- Thanks for listening-!

Reply by Rick-WA on 2/18/05 3:01pm
Msg #21226

Oh no!! Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just faxed back their notary pay list with my prices on it and haven't heard anything back.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.