Notary Rotary
HELP ~ Another Newbie!
Notary Discussion History

HELP ~ Another Newbie!
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Gammyx3 on 2/10/05 3:26pm
Msg #20112

HELP ~ Another Newbie!

I was just contacted by TransContinental Title Co. this a.m. to do a signing on 2/15. He told me he found me on Notary Rotary, where I assumed he had already checked my fee schedule prior to calling me. However, he did ask me what was my "additional" charge for e-docs. Again, even though it's posted, I told him I charged an additional $35 for e-docs. We agreed to the signing on Monday and I received, via email, the "Closing Request Form." At the bottom of the form where the Fee is set out, it states $50.00 (which is not my fee posted), and it also says ALL INCLUSIVE (fees includes borrowers copies to be made if necessary, overnight delivery of documents, emailed documents, faxed documents, etc.)

Seems pretty obvious to me that they're trying to "pull one over on me." Do you guys agree? What should I do at this point?

Reply by Roger/OH on 2/10/05 3:32pm
Msg #20113

The fees posted here are a guideline. Every assignment you take from any company is negotiable based on distance, emails, piggybacks, etc. Give them your fee verbally and if that's not what shows up on the confirmation, you need to follow up with them asap. TCT will often pay $150-175 for edocs.

Reply by CA Oldbie on 2/10/05 4:08pm
Msg #20117

I missed a call from them this morning! Darn! I hate that! I had my phone on vibrate (forgot to turn on ringer) and while I was driving missed their call! I called back immediately (8 minutes later!) and guessed the right team and they said they already scheduled it! Anyway, for all teams but Chase I get 125.00 all inclusive. For Chase I get 175.00 all inclusive and 250.00 for edocs. Did you say they are paying 50.00 all inclusive? That just doesn't sound right!

Reply by CA Oldbie on 2/10/05 4:09pm
Msg #20118

Whoops! Correction!

Sorry I meant 250.00 for 1st & 2nd all inclusive!

Reply by Loretta Reed on 2/10/05 7:56pm
Msg #20132

Re: Whoops! Correction!

I get $150 (all inclusive) from Transcon. They are pretty easy to work with.

Reply by GinaB on 2/10/05 10:08pm
Msg #20150

Re: Whoops! Correction!

What states do they service? I'm in California

Reply by Anonymous on 4/30/05 4:32am
Msg #35001

Re: "1st & 2nd all-inclusive?"

What did you mean by this CA Oldbie? Thanks.

Reply by CaliNotary on 2/10/05 10:09pm
Msg #20153

What you do is call them and ask them why the fee isn't what you agreed to. It's possible they just made a mistake on the form.

If they insist that it's correct, then you politely tell them that you will not do the signing for less than the agreed upon fee.

I am curious as to why you felt the need to post your question here instead of just calling them to clarify. You're self employed, you need to be agressive to protect your interests.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.