Notary Rotary
How Much To Charge?
Notary Discussion History

How Much To Charge?
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Debbie/NJ on 2/2/05 1:52pm
Msg #19170

How Much To Charge?

Got a call from North American Title. (Searched the boards but didn't find anything on them as far as payment goes.) First she asked what I charged. I asked what she normally pays and she said "whatever my invoice says". I quoted $100. Then she tells me that it's a 1st and 2nd loan. I told her it would be $175.00. Then she asked if I could accept edocs. I told her I could but it would be $25 more for a total of $200. The location of the signing is about 20 minutes away from me. Did I price this right or did I cheat myself? TIA

Reply by Ronald Philbrick on 2/2/05 1:59pm
Msg #19171

I think you did ok. The only thing you might do in the future is charge $25 for each set of edoc ie: $25 for the first doc's and $25 for the second doc's. I don't think anyone out here would have turned down what you got. Good for you.
Ron

Reply by Debbie/NJ on 2/2/05 3:20pm
Msg #19178

Thanks for your help. I feel better now. I think she was trying to trick me by first not mentioning that it was a 1st and 2nd loan and then by adding in edocs at the last minute. It made me nervous. I think if I was given more time, I would have realized that I should have charged $25 for each loan, but like I said, I felt under pressure when she kept changing the assignment.

Reply by HL in PA on 2/3/05 8:07am
Msg #19293

Debbie, sound like you did pretty good. I think I would have also charged $25 for each set of e-docs. I think alot of times they intentionally wait to tell you that its a 1st and 2nd because they are afraid we may not accept. You did good. Named your prices, stuck to it and received a job that doesn't seem to far away. Keep us posted on how it went.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.