Notary Rotary
How insulting
Notary Discussion History

How insulting
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Pam/FL on 2/24/05 6:49pm
Msg #22249

How insulting

Just got a call from Nations Direct asking if I can do a signing at 10:30 tonight.

When asked how much they paid. He said 45.00.
And that is with downloading the docs.
I told him he needed the money worse than I did.

Reply by Gaylynn-Utah on 2/24/05 7:01pm
Msg #22250

I would have asked him what he was smokin!

Reply by twil4/wi on 2/24/05 8:37pm
Msg #22264

it frightens me to even hear that! do you think some poor notary will take it, and drive the prices down even more? we must stick together and not accept these cheapos or the whole industry looks desperate.

Reply by Pam/FL on 2/24/05 8:47pm
Msg #22268

I just can't understand why a company would pay such low prices.

I have been a notary for 5 years now and I can remember my first closing. I got $50.00 to do it.

With experience, cost of gas, paper, cartridges, printer, your time, - you would think by now they would get the picture.

Yes, we need to stick together. I have refused 4 closings this month because of the $45.00 payments.

This is why I will not do closings for Signing Agencies. By the time you get the closing, you are 3rd party.

Reply by John_NorCal on 2/24/05 9:38pm
Msg #22275

Pam,
How are you getting your busines?

Reply by Pam/FL on 2/25/05 7:54am
Msg #22383

I have chosen to work primarily for one company who keeps me quite busy. And they pay well. If I am not busy, I do closings for a Title company which keeps me hopping.
I chose this because, I found that signing companies take pretty much what you should be getting to do the closing.

If a signing company calls me and they are willing to pay me what I charge, then I will do the closing. Grant you, I take a cut in what I normally get, but if they will be fair with me, then I will do the closing. But I am not taking $45.00 to do a closing when it is my time, printer, gas, paper etc. Especially when I know that Nations Direct gets $150.00 to do closings and they want to give me $45.00. They are making $105.00 on me.
That is not fair. And they will lose alot of business when people turn them down.

Reply by Becca/FL on 2/24/05 10:48pm
Msg #22316

I've turned down too many to count this week. It is so sad.

Hey Pam, come hang with me and we can laugh at them together.

If next EOM is anything like this month, I may be looking for working Notary boarders to help pick up the slack. How's business in your area? Vero is beautiful in March and I have two spare rooms.

JUST SAY NO !! To the cheap SS

Reply by HisHughness on 2/24/05 10:50pm
Msg #22320

I'm doing something wrong. Last time anyone offered me less than $50 was more than two years ago, and even then she didn't get down to $40.

Reply by Becca/FL on 2/24/05 10:52pm
Msg #22322

Gaylynn, I love it. Can I use it?

$45?? I know you must be smok'in som'tin cuz you can't be serious.

Reply by RM/CA on 2/24/05 11:51pm
Msg #22339

I agree. Its hard stomach anything less than $50 per signing, especially when I do this full time. I feel that with the increase in Notaries is making it more diificult to find work as my area is flooded with Notaries. I refuse to work for anything less than $50 per signing.for printing. I do get calls for less than $50 as I do turn them down, but as the phone calls are few, I can see how others may get desparate. I need to re-evaluate & re-strategize away from signing co.s.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.