Notary Rotary
How to "retire" journal
Notary Discussion History

How to "retire" journal
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Marla_NorCal on 2/18/05 9:24pm
Msg #21305

How to "retire" journal

I just ordered the NotRot journal because I think it well be much more efficient. I was wondering how to go about retiring the journal I have properly. I accept the possibel thirty lashes I might get for not going through every post since the conception of this site! Thanks for any "postive" input.....Cheerfully your, Marla

Reply by HisHughness on 2/18/05 11:19pm
Msg #21321

Advice for lazy notaries

You have asked a question regarding what is a fundamental aspect of being a notary public. Essentially, if you do not already know the answer to that question, you are simply too damned lazy to live. The members of this board will be happy to help you >>once YOU have done all that YOU should do to prepare yourself.<<

Please do two things: 1) Read, AND TAKE THE TIME TO FULLY COMPREHEND, your state’s statutes; all of them. Then 2) go to the public library and, beginning with the Gutenberg Bible, read everything published between the 15th and 21st Centuries. You also would be well advised to pursue ever Internet site written in English or in any of the Romance languages.

If, after doing both of the above, your question remains unanswered, then come back and post your question on the board; preferably on a day when CaliNotary is out having his teeth sharpened. You will probably find that you will get more and more helpful responses if you post under an identifiable handle and mention the size of your chest.

Good luck in obtaining your answer.

Reply by Becca/FL on 2/18/05 11:34pm
Msg #21322

Well, here in Florida we are not required to keep journals. So, I just tell my journal it's time to retire the same way I tell my boyfriends.

"I really enjoy the time we spend together, but you just arn't giving me what I really need right now. I have found another that is willing to give me what I need."

AKA, it's not you, it's me.

BTW, looking for new man with sailboat. Willing to travel.

Reply by HisHughness on 2/18/05 11:39pm
Msg #21324

Becccccccca threatens:

***BTW, looking for new man with sailboat. ***

Darn, Beccccccca. Got me all excited there for a minute. Thought you said you wanted a man looks like a male goat. I was booking the honeymoon suite in Vegas.

Reply by Becca/FL on 2/19/05 12:13am
Msg #21327

I used to go to a Mexican resturant in Rome, GA. The rest. had a real stuffed male goat with nothing lacking . (if you know what I mean) It was not a pretty sight.

Who knows Hugh, I still might see you in Vegas.

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 2/18/05 11:51pm
Msg #21325

Refer to the CA notary Handbook. You can access it online at http://www.ss.ca.gov/business/notary/notary_2004hdbk.htm and do a search on journal.
You must keep all journals under lock and when your commission expires you must surrender all journals to the county clerk's office.

Reply by Terri - CA on 2/19/05 12:39am
Msg #21329

Actually, you can start using another Journal at any time. You just can't go back and use the "retired" one as all entries must be sequential. Be sure to perhaps, draw a line or two on each remaining unused page in the Journal you wish to Retire. In addition, you only HAVE to return your journals to the County Clerk's office if you do not renew your commission or if you die. Oh, you had better inform your loved ones that this must be done within 30 days of your passing Smiley Sorry couldn't resist that one. Smiley

And that's the County Clerk's office for the county in which you've filed your oath and bond.

Enjoy the NotRot Journal, I sure do!

Terri
Lancaster, CA

Reply by Marla_NorCal on 2/19/05 1:53pm
Msg #21387

Re: Thank you Terri and Barbara!

Reply by Marla_NorCal on 2/19/05 1:53pm
Msg #21388

Re: Thank you Terri and Barbara!

and n/m......

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.