Notary Rotary
IREP
Notary Discussion History

IREP
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Mary Pierce on 2/10/05 5:14pm
Msg #20125

IREP

Anyone else get a corrected 1099 in the mail from them? I already did my taxes and got my refund and then get a corrected 1099 in the mail today. Go figure. Now I have to pay to have an amended tax return done due to their error. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I left a message with their AP person to find out if they are going to pay for me to amend my taxes. Boy that makes me so mad.

Reply by Joe_NJ on 2/10/05 7:49pm
Msg #20131

Let's be real.

There were probably several SS that did not send you 1099's. The government has no record of that money. You delared it. Was there enough income that wasen't covered by 1099's to cover the difference between the 1099 originally received and the corrected one? If so...
forget about it.....You probably missed enough expense to cover the difference anyway.

BTW - you record keeping should be good enough to spot a problem when you received the original 1099. If it was close enogh that you didn't, as I said above - forget it.

Reply by Mary on 2/10/05 8:20pm
Msg #20135

My record keeping said it should be higher, however, my accountant said not to worry about it because that is what they reported to the IRS.

Reply by Mike/NJ on 2/10/05 9:55pm
Msg #20144

Yup.. If you keep good accounting records you would know there was an error when you got the 1099.

There was a huge difference between 1099 income and unreported income (I report all income in case of an auidit.

Quickbooks is a great tool.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.