Notary Rotary
Mortgage Docs
Notary Discussion History

Mortgage Docs
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by GinaB on 2/10/05 11:41pm
Msg #20172

Mortgage Docs

Has anyone done business with Mortgage Docs?

Reply by Steve on 2/11/05 12:28am
Msg #20176

If this is MortgageDocs.com, yes, I have done much business. All have been HELOCS with Washington Mutual. Great company, great people, great communication, done through signstat, automated system text messages or emails you the assignments to take .....then you communicate back via signstat. I have done over 100 of them in 4 months. Fee is flat $50 each time and takes 30 minutes each, so you need not spend too much time driving to the assignments. Borrowers are usually very flexible in their times which will enable you to group more than one signing together during busy days so as to save time and gas.

Reply by Mike on 2/11/05 12:39am
Msg #20177

So you're saying you receive the assignment on your phone or computer and then you go to their website to accept it?

Reply by Steve on 2/11/05 12:45am
Msg #20178

Yes, Mike..if you are at your computer you accept it that way. Otherwise if you are away from a computer, you get the assignment via text messaging and you call in your acceptance. It works out great and the 3 guys working the phones are very friendly and helpful.

Reply by Mike on 2/11/05 1:15am
Msg #20179

It sounds pretty convenient, but it seems like with text messaging you wouldn't get all the info necessary to make a decision. For instance, if you wanted to know what they paid for no sign or doc printing. But I guess you would have to verify that when you called in.

Reply by Steve on 2/11/05 4:32am
Msg #20183

Every signing I have had so far has been Washington Mutual HELOC overnighted only...the signing on the text message shows city and zip, date and time....as mentioned before the time listed ends up being very flexible in almost all cases....There are other clients besides WAMU, I just haven't received any.....

Reply by Ted_MI on 2/11/05 8:51am
Msg #20198

Steve,

i have done a fair amount of signings for mortgagedocs too (not nearly as many as you though). Mine too have pretty much been overnighted Washington Mutual HELOCS. However, there was one that was an end of the month refinance (not WaMu). I planned to take it, but I was informed (by their daughter) that the borrowers didn't speak English only Hmong (the language of the Laotian hill people), and I for sure don't know a word of Hmong, so I cancelled my acceptance. But I must say the md people were very gracious and understanding of my decision.

Reply by Ted_MI on 2/11/05 9:12am
Msg #20204

Mike,

I have done quite a few md signings, and I have never had a problem in this regard; all have signed. Actually I really don't even know what their policy is (probably should check it out). The only problem that I have had is that over the course of the three or four months that I have done md signings there have been three or four cancellations. And I had invested some time in each of these signings. And one does not get compensated for cancellations. But I just sort of view that as a cost of doing business.

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 2/11/05 7:52am
Msg #20190

I LIKE Mortgage Docs

Not Big Bucks. But reliable, pleasant to deal with and always Happy borrowers. Smiley

Reply by PAW_Fl on 2/11/05 8:26am
Msg #20193

Re: I LIKE Mortgage Docs

Do they offer voice communications? I don't have text messaging and I'm not at the computer all day either. Anybody know if they accept alternate means?

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 2/11/05 12:14pm
Msg #20230

If no one responds ...

Espam is sent out. Fastest on the PC logs into their system and "accepts" the assignment. Comfirmation the Emailed.

I have gotten called, which leads me to believe that if the assignment is "out there" for a few hours, a scheduler will call the closest NSA. I haven't had any in a long time for my area because someone, probably full time, is accepting them before me. OK, that is the risk I take being part time and don't begrudge someone grocery money.

Fee is usually $50, so not everyone will want these. Some are very quick HELOCs. Some are longer full refinances. It's the luck of the draw - and the fastest on the response time.

Reply by Ted_MI on 2/12/05 8:17am
Msg #20355

Re: I LIKE Mortgage Docs

Paul,

To partially answer your question, there have been several occasions on which I have been called on my cell phone relative to md jobs. However, I do not think that is their normal practice. I believe their normal procedure is through email contact with text messaging as an alternative.

I think by and large their signstat system was set up to avoid phone communications and the attendant problems that go along with it. I agree with you that not being at a computer all day or on a regular basis can be a problem as one misses potential jobs.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.