Notary Rotary
My apologies to Dennis...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 2/4/05 8:47pm
Msg #19463

and to all the other CompCons out there. I just could not resist. I tried. I got up and walked around. I ate some potato chips. I watched a little TV. I called my daughter. I even tried going to a couple of sites on the web that one can't mention in polite company. Nothing worked. Please, please everyone, try to understand that it is my addiction compelling, driving, forcing me to post what follows:

Monday was both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address. It is an ironic juxtaposition: one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication--and the other involves a groundhog.

Reply by Lee/AR on 2/4/05 9:32pm
Msg #19467

You do have a way with words, Hugh-ROFLMAO! (nm)

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 2/5/05 6:46am
Msg #19483

Actually...

...the only real significance to Groundhog Day in our household is the fact my lovely bride & I take the occasion to reminisce about our now 20 year relationship. We met 02/02/1985 at a wedding reception & as they say...the rest is history.

As for Monday evening's affair, we didn't watch a single snippet of the State of the Union address. Neither one of us felt the need to as we know where our President stands. George Bush represents everything good & right in the world. The negative "prognosticators" who screamed Iraq would never have an open election were proven wrong in spades on Sunday & they'll continue to be proven wrong on all the other issues President Bush has on his agenda for our nation's future. As for those who've consistently disparaged our President's perceived lack of intelligence, I can only hope they continue to underestimate his intellect. Their failure to comprehend his strengths is the best weapon George Bush has in his arsenal. Since Punxsutawney Phil did indeed see his shadow on Monday, liberals will do a poor imitation of this ritual & retreat to their holes for another six weeks of the Bush winter. Unfortunately for them when they crawl back out it'll be just like Bill Murray's version of Groundhog Day...George Bush will still be President & it'll be repeated over & over again.

Reply by Joanne_SL on 2/5/05 7:06am
Msg #19484

Re: Actually...

Amen!

Reply by Robert E (Bob) Rogers on 2/5/05 8:40am
Msg #19490

Dennis...Ido love it when I can agree with you, and on this one, we are in FULL AGREEMENT! We may not agree often on notary/signing agent questions, but we do agree on political and social issues.

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 2/5/05 8:44am
Msg #19494

I Don't Believe...

...we disagree that much on Notary/Signing agent issues either. But when we do...look out!

Smiley

Reply by joe/nc on 2/6/05 8:08pm
Msg #19590

Dennis

Icouldnt have put it better myself. Im glad there are some out there with common sense and a level head who know what an honest President stands for and not one that lies under oath and cheats.

Joe/NC

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 2/5/05 8:38am
Msg #19488

Neither of of Us...

...got the day of the week right. Groundhog Day & the State of the Union address took place on Wednesday of this week, not Monday. Probably just another one of those "senior" moments for both of us...right, Hugh?

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 2/5/05 8:41am
Msg #19492

And I'm Having a Tendency...

...to "stutter" in my old age!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.