Notary Rotary
NNA Company Directory
Notary Discussion History

NNA Company Directory
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by fiKS on 2/27/05 3:18pm
Msg #22765

NNA Company Directory

I've noticed that there are several NSA listed in the Company Directory Section as NSA. Is this an error on their part? I doubt that TC or SS companies searches for a SA in this section or am I wrong? One example would be Tammy Mazak, CNSA. This one I came accross today. I saw several others last week but did not make a note of it. After reading the website of some, it clearly indicates that he/she is an individual SA servicing their own counties, advertising their notary jurisdiction, not an SS company.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 2/27/05 3:28pm
Msg #22767

Both NNA directories are fraught with errors and incorrect listings. Signing Agencies join the NSA section to be listed as notaries servicing areas they could not possibly cover. Some have had multiple, non-neighboring states listed, like Florida, New Jersey and Michigan.

On the company side, as you have noticed, there are SA's who are listed, but they are no more a signing service, title company or anything else. But they advertise as such.

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 2/27/05 4:39pm
Msg #22772

I recognize a number of NSAs who listed on the NNA company site and attorneys who do not ire NSAs. When questioned, answers were

1. It's free. I can list here for free in hope that other companies find me as "company" and I do not have to pay the NNA membership fees.

2. I can list as a company to see who ALL the NSAs are in my area, see who my competitors are, and read their NNA advertising (to get ideas how to write my own).

3. Attorneys in states where the bar associations want to eliminate non-attorney signing agents, gives them a list of who to target.

Reply by fiKS on 2/27/05 5:56pm
Msg #22777

what a dissapointment. Here I go, all gung-ho about marketing to these 4000 + companies. But I keep getting my emails bouncing back. What's left for us (NSAs) to rely on?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 2/27/05 11:13pm
Msg #22800

Well, I believe Notaryrotary has a company listing. And the Signing Registry has a listing tooSmiley

Reply by Victoria/FL on 2/27/05 8:17pm
Msg #22782

I did a loan for Tammy, her business is called Loan Documents Now. She's located on the Southeast coast of FL and I'm on the Westcoast. I think that many notaries initally start out as a one-person shop and then once they develop relationships with lenders, title companies and signing services, realize that they can help locate a notary in other areas while taking a cut.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.