Notary Rotary
N.Y. Complaint info request- PLEASE
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by BK/FL on 2/22/05 12:05pm
Msg #21794

I am in need of whom to contact in regards to reporting a company for non-payment and requesting me to do an illegal notary act?

I was contacted by a NY company to conduct a signing on Friday 2/18 at 8pm. I was involved in a rear end accident at 6:30pm called them to inform them of the situation and to reschedule the 8pm closing, no problem, rescheduled for next day Saturday 2/19 at 2pm. I completed the signing by their instructions, USING BLUE INK, as instructions state. Mailed it back via DHL same day. Completed so I thought.

Received called today Tuesday stating I must go out and resign all package as NY law is black ink and my notarizations are dated the 19th, not the 18th as the docs are dated, and they said they can not record this in blue ink and with different dates.

I inform them my instructions said BLUE ink they state they don't care what instructions said I should follow NY laws. I let them know I followed the instructions. They then inform me I should have notarized for the 18th not the 19th. I inform them it is illegal what they are saying to me in ANY STATE! I will only notarize the day I am there regardless of what the docs are dated. I am then informed I will not be paid and am hung up on.

So now I am fuming knowing I did everything correctly and still am not getting paid.

Who can I report them to?

P.S. I think they are even a legal firm or similiar.

BK/FL

Reply by Ernest_CT on 2/22/05 12:11pm
Msg #21796

Are they in Ronkonkoma, NY? If so, you and I need to talk off-line.

Reply by BK/FL on 2/22/05 9:45pm
Msg #21904

Yes they are. You can contact me via email at [e-mail address]
BK/FL

Reply by Teasa/NY on 2/22/05 12:16pm
Msg #21797

Who is the cpmpany you did the signing for??

Reply by Ted_MI on 2/22/05 4:29pm
Msg #21850

Teasa,

I was wondering the same thing, so the rest of us notaries wil know to be on the lookout for this company.

Reply by Teasa/NY on 2/22/05 5:38pm
Msg #21860

I guess he/she doesn't want to tell us. Seems silly to bring it up and not advise who they are talking about. Can't be much help with no info.

Reply by BK/FL on 2/22/05 9:49pm
Msg #21905

I did not mention the name because I guess I am silly to think my business with this company is just that... my own business. I do not believe in slandering a company because of one bad situation, it takes a couple to make it worthy in saying a company is good or bad.

I asked a question and your only reply is to ask who the company is...How is that helping me??? BK/FL

Reply by carlosnyc on 2/23/05 1:11am
Msg #21955

BK/FL you can report them to the NY SOS.

Reply by BK/FL on 2/23/05 1:48am
Msg #21959

Thank you for the info, much appreciated. BK/FL

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.