Notary Rotary
Nation's Direct
Notary Discussion History

Nation's Direct
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by CalGal on 2/16/05 9:54am
Msg #20763

Nation's Direct

Do they phone you or send e-mail to assign their signings?

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 2/16/05 1:14pm
Msg #20822

Re: Nation's Direct-I think I would work McDonald's first

This is a $40 company and should be avoided like the plague. You would do better working at wendy's and you would make out better than what they are paying

Reply by CaliNotary on 2/16/05 1:31pm
Msg #20827

But which would be better? Working at Wendy's or working at McDonalds?

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 2/16/05 1:51pm
Msg #20829

hmmm, they both have employee lunches, so they would both beat Nations Direct in my book. If you feed me, I will follow...

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 2/16/05 1:54pm
Msg #20831

Re: McDonald/Wendy's each better than Nations Direct

Reply by Art_MD on 2/16/05 2:09pm
Msg #20832

Wendy's burgers are better than mcdonald's n/m

Reply by Roger/OH on 2/16/05 2:28pm
Msg #20834

I prefer Burger King, but regarding ND...

I would be the first to agree to distance yourself from $40 signings, as they are not good for our business as a whole. Having said that, I'd only point out that it's unfair to categorize Nations Direct as strictly a $40 company, as they sign for a variety of lenders and many of their packages are significantly above that figure. They also have a supportive staff and pay in a regular and timely manner.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 2/16/05 3:34pm
Msg #20859

Re: I prefer Burger King, but regarding ND...

Well the young lady I spoke with stated their fee is $40 for an overnight and did not give me a sliding scale on particular lenders. She stated very clearly, "we pay $40 for overnight docs"!! I am too busy to haggle for prices based on who the lender is. That is a load of crock

Reply by Shelly on 2/16/05 4:08pm
Msg #20863

Re: I prefer Burger King, but regarding ND...

I'm fairly new to this board, but from what I can tell, the same people are posting several times a day. If your notary business is truly "so busy," how do you have so much time to spend on this board?

Reply by Charm_AL on 2/16/05 4:32pm
Msg #20873

Re:Shelly

If I were you, void of the obvious, I wouldn't come to a forum and post a sarcastic question.

Many notaries have full time jobs and work in the evenings/weekends, and have access to p.c.s all day.
Others that do this full time are always looking for new signing services via the internet.

Example: You can do three jobs in a day and "truly be so busy" and that accounts for three - four hours.
Hope that answers your question...anything else I can do for ya?

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 2/16/05 6:14pm
Msg #20899

Re:Shelly..let me define busy

Well Shelly, let me explain something about a truly enterprising person, they don't put all of their eggs in one basket. I work full time, I collect judgments for pro se defendents (while at work and on the weekend) and I do notary signings for West Contra County detention center and a couple of nursing homes on my way home from work. I am also in training as a loan agent/Loan Officer with a mortgage bank and I am actively studying for my real estate license (personal) So while it may appear that I am posting alot on this board during business hours and most of my signings (real estate and others are scheduled the week or a couple of days in advance)

I appreciate the posters on this board and gmn. I appreciate the time that they input to keep me informed of certain intricacies in the signing process and of letting me know about deadbeat companies.

So when I say I am busy, that means on a broad view, I am busy with alot of stuff. Thank god most of what I do can be done via computer.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.