Notary Rotary
Nations Direct...a breakthrough
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Loretta Reed on 2/16/05 11:27am
Msg #20780

I think there is help for them after all, at least in Maryland. They called me to do a signing for them and offered $85 (includes edoc fee). I politely turned them down and when she asked what my fee was, I told her and she accepted the fee.
There are quite a few fax backs and I may be doing it only because she could not find anyone else to but she did meet my fee. It also may be because we get to bust their bubble by having to have a TPL.
I did notice that, on her email confirmation, it asks me to go so www.signingservices.com and confirm my appointment. Do they own this company too?

Reply by Ted_MI on 2/16/05 11:33am
Msg #20782

Loretta,

A "tpl". I am sorry; at the moment it just doesn't register. Who knows maybe it will come to me later on. But in the meantime if you could enlighten me (and maybe others) that would be appreciated.

Reply by Art_MD on 2/16/05 11:37am
Msg #20785

Re: TPL

In Maryland in order to do a refi (or other closing where title insurance is produced) you must have A Title Insurance Producer's License from the state insurance Admin. Involves a 30 hr course, state test, $100,000 surty bond and 8 hrs continuing education every 2 years.

Art

Reply by Melody on 2/16/05 11:37am
Msg #20786

Title Producers License

Required of NSAs in Maryland

Reply by Art_MD on 2/16/05 11:40am
Msg #20788

yes n/m

Reply by Ted_MI on 2/16/05 11:42am
Msg #20790

Re: Title Producers License

Art & Melody,

Thanks. Don't think I would have come up with that (not being from Maryland and not being in a state that requires one). Although I must admit I probably have seen the term before.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 2/16/05 12:34pm
Msg #20808

Re: Nations direct: are they mental

A young lady just called to ask me if they could add me to their database for 40 overnight documents. I feel like calling them back and asking them if they can send me $2.00 for this pointless conversation.

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/16/05 12:43pm
Msg #20813

I don't think I have ever had a company ask me to do a $40 signing. My curiosity is up, however. WHO is taking these anywhere?

Reply by HisHughness on 2/16/05 1:02pm
Msg #20818

Brenda recalls:

***I don't think I have ever had a company ask me to do a $40 signing.***

Even deadbeat signing companies know not to mess with Texas women.

Along about now, I'm wishing I had shown the same common sense.

Reply by ColleenCA on 2/16/05 1:04pm
Msg #20819

This is the one and only company that has contacted me for any signings. It was for $40.00 and I turned them down flat. However, it is getting extremely discouraging that this is the only call that I have received out of all of the SS's and Title companies that I have signed up with. I am about ready to give up.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 2/16/05 1:10pm
Msg #20820

Hang in there Colleen, if you were sold the instant money and riches scam by the NNA, then I will just have to inform you that this is not going to happen. Also, expand your services, I do jail notarizations, hospital notarizations and I have a direct line to my ex apartment manager on any notarizations. Loan signings are becoming a small percentage of what I notarize on a daily basis. In fact, I am making more money doing the other notarizations than the loan signings and these only take 15 minutes. I charge $25 travel and $10 per signature notarized.

Reply by VA on 2/16/05 2:16pm
Msg #20833

Jails///Re: Nations direct: are they mental

I had thought about the jail notaries. That seems scary to me. How is it going to prison facilites?

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 2/16/05 3:32pm
Msg #20857

Re: Jails///Re: Nations direct: are they mental

It is really safe and you are mainly contacted by family members who need POA's done.

Reply by ColleenCA on 2/16/05 6:34pm
Msg #20903

Yes, I was thinking the exact same thing today. I think I will start to target other types of notarization and see where that takes me. I have not done any marketing in any area other then loan signings. And yes, I did fall for the dollar signs in the eyes of the instructor who gladly accepted my check for the class. But hey, live and learn.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 2/16/05 6:45pm
Msg #20909

Other types of notarizations are really profitable

Other types of notarizations are profitable. I am actually trying to get with a class action lawyer and do notarization of affidavits for them. Just with a little bit of marketing you will be amazed at what type of business you will pull in.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.