Notary Rotary
Need an HP 3015 "Master" for tutoring.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Becca_FL on 2/11/05 10:59pm
Msg #20336

My POS Samsung bit the dust this week and I replaced it with an HP 3015. Our friends PAW and Anthony Negretes said it was a must have so, that's what I decided on.

In the two days I have been using the 3015, I have found it to be "not so user friendly." The machine came with two manuals, start and fax, neither of which explain how to set up the print functions. I called HP for help in setting it up to print legal sized docs but, I can't get it to print legal size when printing from the efax program.

I need to print some legal sized docs via the efax program for an appointment Sun. @ 12noon. If anyone can help me out, I sure would appreciate it. I will be gone all day Saturday but, would like some help Sunday morning if possible.

Tony, if you see this, please respond AND add me back in your database, as I am now PCL6 compliant!

Thanks,
Becca

Reply by Marla_NorCal on 2/12/05 9:07pm
Msg #20426

Good morning Becca,
We just got a new hp3015 a few weeks ago and I have been helping my dear wife with troubleshooting, here's what I can tell you.

We have never tried to print from an efax program, but we did have problems getting legal sized faxes and copies to print completely on a legal sheet, it would just cut off the end and print it on a second page. Here's what I did to fix it for our problem, I hope it helps it for yours.

You should have a hp toolbox on your desktop, or in your programs; there is a little window in the top right corner that says device settings, click it; you want to be in the system settings tab; move down to paper handling and set the default paper size to legal.

This makes copies from legal come out properly on legal paper, letter comes out fine on letter size paper too, so I'm leaving it as our default unless I see other problems. I'm guessing it will work for all faxes and printing as well, as long as you load the legal when appropriate. You can set up the other functions there as well.

Hope this helps, check your CD for additional doucmentation, good luck
Marla_Norcal's husband

Reply by JMHIER_Ca on 2/12/05 9:32pm
Msg #20437

Hi Becca,

Glad you bought HP. Try this document, it may be more helpful.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179111&taskId=101&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=378048

Good Luck!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.