Notary Rotary
New & Looking for Education
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Jess / WA on 2/7/05 8:32pm
Msg #19700

Hi there - I've recently obtained my NNA Signing Agent certification and was wondering if any of you would be willing to be a mentor. I've had no luck in the area receiving help through emailing specific signing agents. All I keep hearing is the market here in Pierce county is saturated, that's all I'm getting. Though saturated, I would still greatly appreciate it if anyone out there would allow me to observe some of your signings.

Thanks Smiley

Reply by WA nsa on 2/7/05 10:50pm
Msg #19715

Sorry, Jess, but western WA is truly saturated. I won't train anyone to be my competitor or to be a competitor to the notary friends I've made in other WA counties.

I am very sorry the NNA led you to believe there is any work for new notaries. There are many newly NNA-certified notaries in my county who are having the same problems. Even we Oldies are hungry for work in Western WA.

With WA notary commissions being available to anyone with $20 (and no exam), there is a notary on every third corner in WA.

The NNA was VERY irresponsible when they swept through Seattle last fall and mislead so many of you. There were already 300+ NNA-certified notaries serving the city of Seattle. I just checked the NNA listing of notaries (the one used by SSs and title companies). For Pierce county there are over 100.

Shame on the NNA!

Reply by Jess / WA on 2/8/05 1:54pm
Msg #19788

I was waiting for someone to say it......."I won't train anyone to be my competitor or to be a competitor to the notary friends I've made in other WA counties."

It's amazing how many signing agents pretend to be helpful but it's just a plain fact - no one wants competition and since this isn't a career you can just go to college, then get a job for, all we can do is rely on those in the field for some hands-on taining. But people don't like to help others that may be a threat. I should have known better than to ask.

Thanks for your honesty and regarding the NNA giving a false idea of the market out here, this was an additional service to my current home business that I simply researched. The NNA had nothing to do with it. I guess I should have researched signing agents better before getting certified.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.