Notary Rotary
New Notary & Signing Agent
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Kathy on 2/10/05 12:30am
Msg #20038

I have taken several SA courses including the one by NNA. I am brand new at this and just ready to get my wings and get some signings. I am a bit confused what to put in my journal for the loan signing. The books I read say do not put loan signing as this isillegal. So do I put Acknowledgment and so forth? and can they be grouped together on the same line in a journal if you have more then one type of document you are notarizing for the loan signing? Thanks!

Reply by Kathy on 2/10/05 12:31am
Msg #20039

I forgot to let you know I am a California notary Public. Thanks again.

Reply by CaliNotary on 2/10/05 12:11pm
Msg #20072

You put the specific document name and whether it's an acknowledgement or jurat. Example: Deed of Trust (ack), Sig/Name affadavit (jurat).

You may want to check out the journal on this site. It's designed specifically for loan signings and results in much less writing than having to list each document individually, as it has check boxes with most of the common documents.

Reply by Ppatch21 on 2/10/05 11:03pm
Msg #20170

I am brand new just receiving my license. Are there any notaries who are interested in ride alongs. I would be willing to pay a fee. I am in Calif. I am signing up for a loan signing course am interested in a ride along to know what to expect and get a feel for.'thanks

Reply by Polly_CA on 2/11/05 6:01pm
Msg #20298

In the notary journal there are several boxes you can check if you are notarizing more than one document for one person. If there are two names on the document that need to be notarized they each get there own line in the journal. As far as loan signing information that is not to be in the journal........ I believe it only pertains to the fees that are charged, because if you are paid say $125 for the signing and you do 5 notarizations then you should only put $50 in the 'fees collected' box. Because you cant charge more than what the state allows for notorial acts.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.