Notary Rotary
Notary Beware
Notary Discussion History

Notary Beware
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by fiKS on 2/26/05 10:16pm
Msg #22697

Notary Beware

Most of the signing company links I click on is not accessible. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering if it has to do with my browser. TIA

Reply by DellaCA on 2/26/05 10:36pm
Msg #22701

Hi fiks I tried several just to check and I don't have a problem , looks like maybe your browser.
Della

Reply by fiKS on 2/26/05 10:49pm
Msg #22702

That's odd, 'coz I can view some but most says page cannot be displayed.

Reply by Reginald Wilks on 2/27/05 12:48am
Msg #22707

That sounds like your browser. By the way where are you from? You have my email address to answer that.

Reply by Happy in Fl on 2/27/05 2:31am
Msg #22709

Since June- after many- many e-mails back and forth- I have not been able to access both areas within Notary Beware- Finally gave up-; I'll let my subscription go on til it expires for the one site anyway- then believe I can get along with it.

That's just my opinion and what happened with me. It is not worth my time to pursue it further.

Hope you can get yours figured out okay. They seem to be okay people up there, at NB; and helpful- but nothing seems to keep it going- it is the only on-line Web Site that Will Not Work as it is supposed to.

Reply by fiKS on 2/27/05 11:53am
Msg #22724

happy - which areas are you having trouble with? n/m

Reply by Reginald Wilks on 2/27/05 4:47pm
Msg #22774

Re: happy - which areas are you having trouble with? n/m

I cann't even login it will not take my userid or my password.

I wish I could get on that site I'd like to look and see what they have.

Reggie
Kansas

Reply by fiKS on 2/27/05 11:51am
Msg #22723

Can anyone help with config of my IE browser?...n/m

Reply by PAW_Fl on 2/27/05 12:01pm
Msg #22726

Kinda a vague question isn't it? n/m

Smiley

Reply by Reginald Wilks on 2/27/05 12:05pm
Msg #22727

Re: Kinda a vague question isn't it? n/m

I can not even get signed in this morning and I am wondering if I wasted my money. I would like another site to use but it seems I am not going to get too.

Reggie
Kansas

Reply by fiKS on 2/27/05 12:34pm
Msg #22732

PAW - I'm on Notary Beware site. When I click on a company link (SS company) - I usually get "page cannot be displayed". Mind you, it doesn't happen to all links, perhaps about 60%. I'm thinking it is my browser setting, because someone else on this thread said that they don't have problems with the links.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 2/27/05 1:14pm
Msg #22739

I've noticed there are couple of links that don't work properly. If you can provide a specific example (what does the link display and what are the properties of the link), then we can validate the problem or at least determine if someone can actually get to the link in question. If may not be your browser.

For example:

America West Title -

Link contents is http://www.notarybeware.com/rate/link.php?id=97

URL as displayed on the contact page is: http://""
You can see the company URL when you select the "Details" link for a company.

When attempting to go to the site, the page is not found.

Reply by fiKS on 2/27/05 1:59pm
Msg #22748

PAW - ok, you must be right. the ones I have trouble with have no URL in their "details" link.

Others on this thread said that they have contacted Notary Beware but appears not to have resolved their issues. The answer is simple enough - no URL. Wonder why the back and forth email, as one poster said.

p/s how do you insert an emoticon in your post?

Thanks for all your help

Reply by Happy in Fl on 2/27/05 1:39pm
Msg #22743

Notary Beware Signing on Problems

Thats what I,m getting today-This Page Cannot be Dislayed-

There are apparently two seperate areas which require log-in. (If you can get the page opened) Signing Company area, and the Forum.

I can log in to the Signing Company area--but not to the forum. Have spent hours and days e-mailing- back and forth with Linda Kauffman- she has tried to be very helpful- but she is also very busy- so when one thing is tried- and if it doesn't work- you e-mail back- and it may be a day or so to get feed back- and then they may ask a question- did you do this- or try that-- and then you e-mail back- and then you wait for another reply- again a day or two- and when the e-mail comes- you may not be able to reply- as your printing out docs- or heading for an assignment- whatever-- sssoooooo?

It's not worth anymore of my time to repeat over and over again- to NB that I'm still not in.

That said- I'm not trying anymore- for the use it does me. Honestly Notary Rotary is the Best Forum going- in fact it gets 95% of my Forum Time on the computer. All others play Second Fiddle to this one. MHO.

Best of Luck with your quest on this subject. Again these people are endeavoring to help us all with the situations of No pay- Slow pay companies- and to help us decide on our own if we wish to work/ not work with the various outfits- ;and they are to be commended.

It just hasn't been any benifit to me, per se".

Reply by fiKS on 2/27/05 2:05pm
Msg #22750

Re: Notary Beware Signing on Problems

Happy - I hear you. I was concerned that my IE browser needs to be reconfigured. I sometimes have problem with some other windows - but these may be security issues. PAW helped me figure out that there aren't URLs for ALL of the links which is why I get the "page cannot be displayed" message. I've not attempted NB's forum. I too, spend most time on NotRot's forum and don't need another.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.