Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
O/T - Foreclosure Lists in Columbus, OH area...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Shane_IN on 2/2/05 4:25pm
Msg #19183

I may end up relocating to the Columbus, OH area sometime between June-August of this year. I'll only be there for 2-3 years, and am looking to maybe just purchase a foreclosed home in the area, and get it fixed up to live in for 2-3 years....

Anyone have a contact in the area that handles foreclosures in the area? Perferrably any city around Columbus (Grove City, Gahanna, Reynoldsburg, Dublin, etc). I just don't want to live in the actual city of Columbus...i'd perfer a suburb.

HUD homes are also a possibility... any suggestions and/or help would be greatly appreciated!

Reply by Susie/OH on 2/2/05 7:57pm
Msg #19214

Stay with the burb's you have listed. They are the safest. Whitehall is getting routie. I use to live in Gahanna many moon ago, and it has changed, but this section of central Ohio you have picked is the safest.

Reply by Shane_IN on 2/2/05 8:12pm
Msg #19215

Thats what I figured. I'm originally from Miami, FL, and the one thing I know is, never ever, live IN a major city Smiley always around it... hehe, when people say Miami is beautiful, they mean the suburbs...not the actual city lol

Thanks for the heads up. I'm hoping to be able to find something...I'm giving myself 5 months, so hopefully the Ohio market is like most other markets these days....buyers market Smiley

Reply by Susie/OH on 2/2/05 9:30pm
Msg #19227

It is none of my business, but why are you moving?

Reply by Shane_IN on 2/2/05 11:02pm
Msg #19247

Moving there with the girlfriend and her daughter. She'll be going to school there, Columbus State?
Stepping up the relationship some.

Reply by Roger/OH on 2/2/05 11:14pm
Msg #19251

I'm in the Dublin/Hilliard area of Northwest Columbus. You can get a list of foreclosed properties available at www.sheriff.franklin.oh and click on the realestate tab.

I'm also on the faculty at Columbus State; let me know if I can help out.

Reply by Shane_IN on 2/3/05 12:14am
Msg #19258

Faculty eh? I'll avoid telling her that for your own good hehe... She's looking to get into the Vet Tech program, and I think she finds out in May if she's in or not? I know she isn't so happy with the fact that it doesn't go by GPA and such, but rather by the time that you declared your intention to enter that particular program? But, she elected Night or Day....so, we're hopeful.

Thanks for the link, I bookmarked it. It will definitely come in handy as the time grows closer!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.