Notary Rotary
Oregon Notary - forming company in NEVADA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by ASHOK-Oregon on 2/23/05 5:16pm
Msg #22039

Is it legal from tax purposes - if an Oregon Notary and working as Signing Agent forms a Company in Nevada - and pays taxes to Nevada govt. Latest Magazine of NNA advertizes that they can help Notaries in opening a Company in Nevada.

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 2/23/05 5:39pm
Msg #22044

Sounds good for Nevada's tax base!

If you are attending the NNA conference, find out how to do it and what it will cost you.

It is "legal" to form a corporation everywhere. From a CT perspective, I would not do it. CT requires out-of-state corporations to register to do business in the state .... which involves more legal expenses, annual filing fees, and a slew of taxes. So I end up paying Nevada's taxes and Connecticut's taxes. Not to mention twice as much legal paperwork.

Call your Secretary of State Commercial (not notary) division and state division that helps small business. Ask them, "If I am incorporated in Nevada, what do I need to do business in Oregon. What are the fees? What are the annual taxes to the State of Orgegon?" You could even mention the NNA advertisment that Nevada will help you do this to save Oregon taxes. I'd love to hear what you state thinks about that!

Not an attorney. Not giving legal advice. Day job attorneys with certain types of businesses still recommend incorporating in Delaware. But these are Bigger Bucks people and businesses than NSAs.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.