Notary Rotary
Primer
Notary Discussion History

Primer
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Diaz on 2/24/05 5:49pm
Msg #22239

Primer

Should we purchase a new primer every year?

Reply by Ernest_CT on 2/25/05 4:55pm
Msg #22514

It will help people help you if you put the two-letter state abbreviation in the "Author" field when you are posting. State laws vary widely.

It depends. Do you want the short answer or long answer?r The short one is "Yes". The long answer is "Maybe". Take your choice; if you chose short, we're done. If you chose long, keep reading.

I assume you're talking about National Notary Association's (NNA's) publication. If you're not, continue reading anyway.

By the time anything get into book form it is stale information. The NNA has apparently ceased to publish a Primer for CT. (The one I could get my hands on was severely out of date.) Please remember that you are responsible for knowing YOUR state's laws.

The Notary Public Manual (or whatever your state calls it) available from the office in your state that commissions notaries public should always be your primary source of information on your state's laws. The Primer may help you understand wording that is murky, but it is not a replacement for the official source. Your state's Manual is probably downloadable from the Internet. (I assume that you still have your copy from when you were commissioned.) You could call your state's office and ask whether there have been any changes, giving them the date of the Manual (not the Primer!) that you have .

Does that answer your question?

Good luck!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.