Question to Mike/NJ
Notary Discussion History

Question to Mike/NJ
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Glena/NV on 2/22/05 8:56pm
Msg #21900

Question to Mike/NJ

Mike,
My borther-in-law is a signing agent in Hudson County, NJ. I am just curious, he is telling me that notaries in NJ have to have their commission recorded in each county they want to service...is that true? I am just wondering because here in Nevada, we don't. Once we are commissioned in the State, we can notarize anywhere within the state and the commission does not need to be recorded anywhere else. I was also a notary in California and it is the same thing.

Thanks!
Glena

Reply by Mike/NJ on 2/22/05 9:51pm
Msg #21909

Once you're commissioned you can work in any county of NJ. My wife and I travel all over the state for a couple of title companies.

Reply by Mary Pierce on 2/23/05 12:02pm
Msg #21994

Mike - where are you from in NJ?

Reply by Mike/NJ on 2/23/05 1:50pm
Msg #22017

Toms River, Ocean County

Reply by Mary Pierce on 2/24/05 7:47am
Msg #22145

oh ok....I know I posted this before but couldn't remember where. I have a friend I used to work with in NJ and was telling her how well I'm doing up here in NE PA doing closings on the side. I take it NJ is not an attorney state. She is in the process of getting her commission.

I was originally from SJ, Cherry Hill

Reply by Glena/NV on 2/24/05 10:15am
Msg #22164

Thank you, Mike! That satisfies my curiousity...I was

thinking that, that would be the case. I appreciate the info.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.