Notary Rotary
Re-called by the Borrower
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by BrendaTX on 2/19/05 12:48pm
Msg #21369

Just got a call from a Borrower who states that when I did their signing I did not notarize a document and the lender sent the document straight to them so they could call me to come and complete the same.

I am going just out of sheer curiosity. I already have to get out and go in that direction because of a call I got this morning to go to the hospital to do some notary work this afternoon.

My guess is it's a document I called the Lender and asked if it was missing from the package because it was not there. I was told "No. You don't need that."

My thinking is if it were really my fault, someone from the SS/title company would have called me and told me I made an error. I am well-equipped to make errors! But, I sure try to avoid them.

From my conversation with the B. I could not tell if she was "assuming" they wanted me to go do it, or if she was really told that I should be contacted to go do it. It's not that big of a deal either way, so I am going to go and see what the deal is on this.

Will keep you posted.

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/19/05 7:13pm
Msg #21455

Re-called update...

Whew...I was starting to second guess myself.

I did not make a mistake. The documents were never sent. Mrs. B called me earlier today.

I get there and Mr. B verified he told the folks at the SS/T-Co. which the assignment originally came from that he had never seen the documents he had to "re-sign" because I forgot to notarize the first time. It was the one I had wondered about and one more.

I will not say what combo of SS/TC/Lender this was on this forum because I still do some of the lender's packages...recently I have asked to be taken off of the call list of the ss/tc.

The envelope which was on their table definitely came from those who had hired me. You'll have to email me if you want to know who it was. Not going to say here.

Got ready to leave and almost asked them if they wanted me to drop the docs for them. Then I realized if I did so, the next thing would be "The notary never sent the package back."

Reply by John_NorCal on 2/19/05 8:54pm
Msg #21475

Re: Re-called update...

Sounds like a very wise course of action! I ***try***(make that do not) take on obligations that can come back and bite me in the arse...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.