Notary Rotary
Real Estate Agents moonlighting as SA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 2/16/05 9:02pm
Msg #20944

There seems to be a sudden boom of new SA in my area who are Real Estate agents. Who is sending out the buzz to RE agents, I wonder. Anyone see this in their area? I'm in MO, by the way. I'm just curious if there's some kind of SA marketing circulating amongst RE agents.

Reply by asigner on 2/16/05 9:12pm
Msg #20946

oh my gosh :O
quick everybody go up on their fees 300%

Reply by asigner on 2/16/05 9:13pm
Msg #20947

just a bit of humor. that sounds very interesting indeed

Reply by Melody on 2/16/05 11:13pm
Msg #20962

We are getting them in Washington state too.

When I took a look a few months ago, I saw that my county has 700+ real estate agents while there were only 163 listings on the MLS.

Reply by Becky on 2/16/05 11:55pm
Msg #20974

Same here in KS. My personal experience in dealing with RE agents, they are not familiar with loan docs at all yet many of them use their RE background as marketing tool.

Reply by Linda/So. California on 2/17/05 1:13am
Msg #20982

To All that have responded to this thread: This thread is a joke. I am a R.E. Broker for over 18 years in the business. I do, sign loan doc's on a part time basis. However, for all of you that have commented on this issue: (1) I do R.E. Listing & Sales, (2) With my broker's license I do place my license at a Mortgage Company (3) I have more experience than the average person, knowing my loan doc's inside and out. (4) I can point out the important factors of each document without even thinking to make the borrower feel comfortable. Shall I continue? This thread is mean spirited to people in the R.E. industry. I do not think that any R.E. agents are moonlighting as SA's. Maybe, you should get a life and be in the industry. You are too quick to judge. Moonlighting.............please....

Reply by hvnotary on 2/17/05 2:21am
Msg #20991

Linda, don't take the message board hatchet jobs personally. Some comments do read mean and ugly, most folks on the board don't mean to injure any other Notary, regardless of what their other profession is. Thick skin is like armor for the eyes and ears!

Reply by Ernest_CT on 2/17/05 2:24am
Msg #20993

Sorry, Linda, ...

... it may not be true for YOU, but it IS true for some other RE agents!

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 2/17/05 7:10am
Msg #20995

Real Estate Sales / Loan Signing both part time ..

Why not? Everyone needs to eat.

If you read some of the other PR out there, real estate offices are now trying to become one-stop-shopping, too: sale/purchase home, apply for mortgage, appraisal, home inspection, title insurance and loan document signing.

A number of real estate agents do loan signings in CT. Perfect soft-sell marketing compliment, too. Leave the business card and if the borrowers decide to sell the home, they have someone they met face-to-face to call ... or tell their friends/neighbors about.

Reply by Julie-MI on 2/17/05 7:28am
Msg #20998

Nothing new

Way back, when lenders/title companies needed notaries they routinely recruited this first batch of "signing agents" from Mail Boxes, etc, other postal services, real estate and tax preparer firms. This is where many were found. There were no "find a notary" sites as there are now.

A Realtor "moonlighting" is nothing new.

Reply by Anonymous on 2/17/05 8:17am
Msg #21006

Re: Nothing new

I have seen it here in Texas, as well, and as far as real estate agents doing the one stop shop, that is very true as well, all i have to say about that is "OTHERS HAVE TO EAT AS WELL", Smiley

Reply by Anonymous & Hungry on 2/17/05 2:57pm
Msg #21065

But I wish they would keep their forks on their own plates. PIGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply by asigner on 2/17/05 3:33pm
Msg #21070

hahahahahahahahahaha
watch out for linda, hungry. her fangs are out

Reply by asigner on 2/17/05 3:37pm
Msg #21072

she also goes by LV
She's been in the industry a long time.
She is really impressive and knows what she is talking about. Just ask her
But her fangs
heeehee ha ha hahahahahahahahaha
sorry i had to do that
Linda I hope your weekend is great
Love ya girl

Reply by Paul_IL on 2/17/05 4:12pm
Msg #21077

Does your Mommy know you are playing on the computer again!

Reply by asigner on 2/17/05 4:33pm
Msg #21084

Re: Does your Mommy know you are playing on the computer aga

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself.

Reply by patricia on 2/17/05 10:28am
Msg #21030

I am a realtor and have been doing loan doc signings since 1998. I started out knowing the documents backwards and forwards. For your information the NNA constantly sends
out their advertisement regarding becoming a "notary-signing agent" to every realtor.
all of the realtors in my office get the ad on a regular basis.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.