Notary Rotary
Responsibilities of NSA
Notary Discussion History

Responsibilities of NSA
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Jayme in PA on 2/27/05 10:15am
Msg #22717

Responsibilities of NSA

The NSA's world is interesting to say the least! I just completed a refi/purchase transaction. The property was deeded out of an estate. The broker, the realtor and the borrowers attended, and the realtor for the seller attended. The loan docs were brought to closing with the broker.....and this is the first moment that I was made aware that I would be completing two separate transactions.....I was already frustrated that I did not have the docs in advance to review, (this was supposed to be a download package when contracted).

The seller's realtor hands me the deed, death certificate, and an authorization from the estate attorney to allow him to sign the HUD-1. I begin to look at the package and realize that the title company is not aware that the seller's realtor will be signing the HUD-1. I call the title company for instructions and they said they would make a change to allow the realtor to sign, and asked me how did I think he should be noted on the HUD-1. (As a real estate paralegal, my day job) I wanted to be helpful, but as a NSA, I felt that this is beyond the scope of my repsonsibilities. Anyway, they fixed it and sent it to the closing table, but the realtor's name was incorrectly spelled. I again called the title company and they said they would correct, which they eventually did. In the meantime, the borrower's realtor's attitude was lousy. she questioned color of ink used to sign, the dating of the documents by the borrowers.....she really was not helping.....I did not like this closing and I have closed many loans in house and as a NSA.....anyone else running into this stuff??

P.S. At the end of closing, the borrowers seemed pleased.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.