Notary Rotary
START A SIGNING COMPANY
Notary Discussion History

START A SIGNING COMPANY
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 2/9/05 3:30pm
Msg #19970

START A SIGNING COMPANY

CAN ANYONE SHARE ANY IDEAS OF HOW TO BECOME A SIGNING COMPANY? I HAVE BEEN SIGNING FOR 5 YEARS. I SIGN FOR ALOT OF SS'S AND A HANDFULL OF TITLE AND ESCROW COMPANIES. I DONT GET ENOUGH WORK FROM THE TITLE AND ESCROW CO. TO CONTRACT OUT. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Reply by Jon on 2/9/05 3:59pm
Msg #19972

I would say that if you don't know how to start a SS, you probably shouldn't. Why do you want to start a SS in the first place? Also, being anonymous won't help you in marketing to escrow and title companies, as most of them would like to know who they are doing business with.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 2/9/05 5:14pm
Msg #19978

Ditto...ditto....ditto....
Have plenty of C A S H on hand and think twice if you do not know how to do it. I wouldn't even recommend it unless you have been in the title business for a considerable amount of time. You may be biting off more than you can chew.

Reply by Ted_MI on 2/9/05 4:36pm
Msg #19977

Hi,

If you are considering pursuing this endeavor, I would suggest that you have a big chunk of capital on hand to start off with, so that you can pay nsa's that do work with you on a timely basis.

If I had suggestions other than that I would communicate them to you.

Reply by NJM on 2/9/05 6:14pm
Msg #19986

What state are you in? That would help greatly. Actually, in some states they require you to obtain a producer's license as well. I'm in NJ and all you need is certification by NNA or NSA. Title and escrow companies pay better than just regular signing companies. Sometimes, it's just plain slow, but since the rates went down the other day -- you should be hopping! Get listed with the NNA and NSA and research more title companies in and around the country. That's my advice, and I'm sticking to it!!! hehehehe

Reply by CaliNotary on 2/9/05 8:57pm
Msg #20000

If you don't get enough work from title companies for your own needs, why on earth do you think that you'll somehow be able to do it just because you start a signing service? If you could do it, you probably would have done it by now.

Reply by Becca/FL on 2/9/05 10:19pm
Msg #20020

Cali - You said what I was thinking.

Reply by wally/cali on 2/10/05 5:03pm
Msg #20123

wow. not much help. i do have plenty of cash on hand and was looking to start a larger business. i would like to stay in the signing industry because i enjoy this line of work. i was wondering if anyone had any advise on business liscense, tax and so on... i wanted to know if becoming a signing service would allow me easier marketing to a title or escrow co. i make a great amount of money as a signing agent and i would like to take it to the next level. any positive reply would be greatly helpful and appriciated.

Reply by wally/cali on 2/12/05 2:42am
Msg #20343

well i guess everyone wanted to put there negative comment out there and not help a fellow notary out with some positive ideas on things they can do to grow your business and move on to bigger and better dreams. i thought this was a message board for people to network and possibly help eachother. everyone talks about sharing the wealth but no one wants to help anyone. i have helped many new notaries out there start a business as a signing agent and they are doing very well. it didnt take any business away from me. i get so much that i cant accept all the jobs. my career as a signing agent has florished in ways that i would have never expected. if no one has any ideas on starting a signing service do they have any other suggestions??

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.