Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Secure Singings, what would you charge...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Becca/FL on 2/4/05 12:20am
Msg #19390

for a 163 pg edoc file??!!

I accepted a signing from secure signings
(a new to me SS) 2/1 for a 2/4 closing. The docs were to be shipped. Yesterday, I got a call from escrow asking what would be my "drop dead" time be for edocs. I explained docs were to be shipped and if this is not the case, my fee would need to be corrected to reflect my edoc charge.

Well, I got in late tonight and had the docs in my email. I figured, what the heck, I'll just download them while I'm watching Dave on the tube. Longest download of my career. Now I'm curious >>>what the heck took so long?<<< so I check the page count. A whopping 163 pages total!

I will not print them until I receive a revised CO and am to tired now to take a good look at the docs. 163 pages???!!! This can not include the borrowers copies because it is not an even number.

The lender is City Mortgage, Title Co. Certified Title. If anyone has experience with this/these Cos., I sure would like your input. FYI - The closing is in a BAD part of town.

I feel like I have been suckered into something. I'll post after I talk w/ the SS tomorrow.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 2/4/05 12:28am
Msg #19391

Yes, they may be attempting to fool you, or at least avoid paying as much as they should. T'other possibility that springs to mind is that THEY didn't get the docs on time. I've had revised docs emailed (a subset of the package) to replace parts of the original FedEx'd docs.

The 163 pages may contain instruction sheet(s) for you, making the number of pages uneven. If it were I, I'd go through all the pages before calling the SS.

Please let us know how things turn out! Good luck!

Reply by Nd_WA on 2/4/05 5:48am
Msg #19399

I would check to see that it includes borrower's copy. Most often when title overnight docs, borrower's copy is only half thick as the original sign copies.

Reply by Steve on 2/4/05 5:48am
Msg #19400

Becca,

I have done two signings with Secure Signings. Donald has been very helpful and accessable. The ladies at Certified Title likewise. I believe one called you to confirm all of the particulars that Donald set up about the closing? The fees that Donald quoted seemed to be fixed. $70 for overnight, $100 for edocs. (One signing I received docs; the other was edocs). Is that what you were offerred too? Yes the package both times were about 160 pages and I commented to Certified that that was the longest pkg. I had ever encountered and she responded that she had received those comments before. Meanwhile it is too early for me to judge whether SS pays on time as SS terms are 30 days after end of month of signing and that time has not elapsed yet. It seems that Certified will overnight if time permits but you know how it goes in the world of Title Company deadlines

Reply by Becca/FL on 2/4/05 9:02am
Msg #19412

I WILL NOT print 326 pages for $25. You can forget that! My "normal" edoc fee is more than $25. My CO says docs shipped via overnight deivery. If Secure can not meet my edoc fee, they will be finding another Notary.

I have left a message for SS. Office hrs 9a-5p est. Been calling since 9a and no one answers.

Reply by Becca/FL on 2/4/05 10:02am
Msg #19414

Spoke with SS and Title this morning. YES, it is indeed a 163 page loan pkg. The most Secure Signings, Inc. would pay was $125. Needless to say, I declined the modification of our original agreement.

Florida Notaries, be on the look out and don't get suckered into this one.

Reply by BrendaKhan/FL on 2/4/05 10:30am
Msg #19418

Thanks for the heads up! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.