Notary Rotary
Self Liability
Notary Discussion History

Self Liability
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Adam Babish on 2/8/05 12:56pm
Msg #19776

Self Liability

Hello all, I wanted to get the boards perspective on a crucial subject. What are the actuall liabilites of notary signers in terms of monies. What levels of e&o insurance would cover a notary for this line. Are there anyways to protect a person inside of a corporation. Are there any court cases covering this?

Reply by Colleen Thomas Marketing Notary Services on 2/8/05 1:47pm
Msg #19785

I don't know what state you are in, but if I am not mistaken in Calif. the "closing agent" is the escrow officer, not the notary signing agent.

Reply by Colleen Thomas Marketing Notary Services on 2/8/05 1:56pm
Msg #19789

Re: Self Liability - Oh Shoot

Off topic; How do I get my name back to ColleenCA when I enter a message instead of my business name from my profile? I feel like such a stupe!!!

Reply by DellaCA on 2/8/05 2:19pm
Msg #19792

Re: Self Liability - Oh Shoot

Colleen when you reply see author there is a drop down to change name.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 2/8/05 2:21pm
Msg #19794

Getting our names back when posting

Good luck. When you're LOGGED IN, you have two choices: Anonymous or your name. Period. When you are NOT logged in, you can make the Author field virtually anything.

Reply by CaliNotary on 2/8/05 2:29pm
Msg #19797

Re: Getting our names back when posting

Not true. You can choose a screenname to use and have it as the default option. I never have to change my name when I post.

Reply by CaliNotary on 2/8/05 2:29pm
Msg #19798

Not true. You can choose a screenname to use and have it as the default option. I never have to change my name when I post.

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/8/05 2:55pm
Msg #19800

Go to MY PROFILE. Upper left hand corner.

You will see a place you can put in your 'forum alias' and set it to a default.

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/8/05 2:55pm
Msg #19801

Oops - "My Profile" is in upper right hand corner n/m

Reply by Colleen Thomas Marketing Notary Services on 2/8/05 5:54pm
Msg #19824

Re: Oops - "My Profile" is in upper right hand corner n/m

I might be going crazy, but after clicking on My Profile there is no link to a "forum alias". I am just on the basic profile, does this make a difference? I guess it's no big deal if my full business name is always coming up, but I don't want anyone to think I am taking advantage of advertising my services. The only other thing I can do is drop down to Anonymous, but that brings up all kinds of other issues. Thanks!

Reply by Ernest__CT on 2/8/05 9:56pm
Msg #19857

Because I'd used Ernest_CT before I'd upgraded, now I can't use that as Author when I'm actually logged in! Guess I'm stuck with single-underscore when not logged in and double-underscore when I am logged in....

That's what I meant by "Good luck".

Reply by ColleenCA on 2/9/05 9:37am
Msg #19911

Well, for some reason, in responding to this message today, I can now type in any name in the Author field without having changed a thing. Go figure! Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 2/9/05 10:18am
Msg #19913

That's because you were NOT LOGGED IN.

Posted by ColleenCA on 2/9/05 9:37am
Msg #19911 from 209.179.140.213

As you can see, it displays your IP address, rather than "Logged in user". When you are logged in, you will only have the option to use whatever is set up in your profile.

Reply by ColleenCA on 2/9/05 10:49am
Msg #19918

I see, thanks.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.