Notary Rotary
Sign on the X
Notary Discussion History

Sign on the X
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by fran on 2/11/05 11:24am
Msg #20221

Sign on the X

This is the second month in a row I've had to call their accounting department and inquire about a payment I had not received, and was told "Oh, I see that invoice right here, we'll get the payment out to you." This was for a signing I did in NOVEMBER! This time I asked "Do you guys just not pay your notaries and hope they don't call to check?"

I'm wondering if anyone else has had trouble with them.

Reply by Roger/OH on 2/11/05 11:31am
Msg #20222

Do a search here or on GMN. They have a long history of payment problems.

Reply by carlosnyc on 2/11/05 11:35am
Msg #20224

Fran you obviously didn't do a search on this board to find out some info on this company. Click the search button on top and then type in "sign on the X" you'll see all the negative posts regarding this company.

Reply by Notary too on 2/11/05 11:51am
Msg #20226

Fran, I too had a problem with them...However I contacted the Mtge Co. & explained my situation. They were on the phone withing minutes to SOX and I receied a call with a promise that the check would go out that day (AND IT DID). I won't do another ever again for them,
but at least I was paid.

Reply by Jeanene on 2/11/05 12:47pm
Msg #20233

I also have not been paid by them and they will not return my emails. I have given them a deadline and will be taking further action. I think all notaries should boycott this company as they do not pay for services rendered.

Reply by Sherri..CA on 2/11/05 2:03pm
Msg #20246

I have heard so many bad things about this company, but so far I have gotten a lot of work from them, yes I do agree they are a little slow on paying, they do say they pay ( for example) for a signing in Dec. you send them the invoice for all of Dec. on Jan 1st, and they pay you Feb 1st, although it is usually Feb 10th or so... They are up front with their notaries on that one ( it states that very clearly on their invoice)... and they are one of many that I sign with and I either put up with it or dont sign, but last year from July on, I had like 30 signings with them, and they paid every last one...and they have always been very friendly to me. By the way, I love this board, it has been so helpful to me, just to hear what other people have to say, and what they go through.. Thanks Guys Smiley

Sherri

Reply by Ted_MI on 2/11/05 2:24pm
Msg #20257

Sherri,

Boy, I must say from having read this board (and also gmn) for six or seven months, it sure seems that your experience with this company is far from the norm.

Reply by fran on 2/11/05 3:06pm
Msg #20269

Can you please tell me what "gmn" is? I'm new to this message board.

Reply by Ted_MI on 2/11/05 7:00pm
Msg #20305

Fran,

Sure. "gmn" stands for go mobile notary, another site with a discussion board more or less comparable to this one. Their url is as follows: www.gomobilenotary.com

Reply by Sherri..Ca on 2/11/05 6:54pm
Msg #20304

Well I am glad to say I am having an experience with them, far from the norm... I will continue to do business with them until they do me wrong. So far so good Smiley

Reply by CaliNotary on 2/12/05 11:25am
Msg #20372

Sherri, are you accepting $45 for signings from them?

Reply by Mike on 2/11/05 3:44pm
Msg #20278

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS BOARD .ALL YOU HEAR IS COMPLAINTS ABOUT SIGN ON THE X BUT YET (DAC) DOCUMENT ASSISTANCE COMPANY HAS THE SAME PAYMENT SCHEDULE WITH VERY FEW COMPLAINTS. IT SEEMS SOME NOTARIES ARE JUST FIXED ON SIGN ON THE X AND JUST DON'T REALIZE THEY ARE BEING TREATED THE SAME WITH D.A.C. AND OTHERS.

Reply by Bonnie Glaubitz on 2/11/05 6:25pm
Msg #20302

Here's a complaint, I just got off the phone with them, they owe me $110.00 for a closing 11/08/04, I have been contacting them weekly about it......today they wanted me to fax the confirmation to them because they couldn't possibly owe me that because " they only pay $45.00 per signing and would never pay anyone $110.00". So I did and then called her back and after a pow wow with her manager they decided that the $110.00 must have been the Lenders fee to them. Oh they also owe $75.00 from 10/08/04 which they admit they do owe
(even though they only pay $45.00) of course that haven't told me when they are going to mail it. SOX is right up there with Alden Enterprises and Thomas Sirianni.

Reply by Ann/CA on 2/12/05 4:04am
Msg #20346

I find it hard to beleive they comfirmed a $110 signing. They pay $45 and $65 for e docs.

Reply by Bonnie Glaubitz on 2/12/05 8:26am
Msg #20357

we negotiated the fee before I took the signing, it was 50 miles 0ne way with edocs, got the confirmation with $110.00 from Missy Dobbs at SOX, now they are back pedaling, the other one that they owe for was $75.00 which they agreed they owe.....I won't leave my house for less

Reply by CaliNotary on 2/12/05 11:28am
Msg #20374

Mike, it's not SOX's payment schedule that people have complaints about. If they actually regularly paid their notaries according to that schedule their reputation would be fine. The complaints are because they screw over so many signing agents.

Reply by mjnotary on 2/11/05 9:37pm
Msg #20330

BEWARE!!! I hear they are going out of business

Reply by mjnotary on 2/11/05 9:30pm
Msg #20329

They are the worst signing service to pay their notaries. They may tell you they don't have the invoice...that's they're game too. I hear they are going out of business, so keep on them to pay you.

Reply by Paul/MD on 2/11/05 10:53pm
Msg #20335

I don't know how accurate the rumor is that SOX is going out of business. [NOT that I am recommending them]

However, I just spoke with a high volumne lender that just negociated with SOX to farm out their signings.... so it makes me think how accurate the infomation is.

Reply by Ann/CA on 2/12/05 3:59am
Msg #20345

For the past couple of months I've been called to do 4 to 5 signings a month. I' ve been getting paid. Their invoice states they will mail checks on the 31st of each month but they usually mail checks out around the 6th or 7th of the month.

Reply by CaliNotary on 2/12/05 11:26am
Msg #20373

Did you tell this lender of SOX's reputation of screwing over their notaries?

Reply by Bonnie Glaubitz on 2/12/05 1:40pm
Msg #20386

haven't contacted the lender yet, SOX is going to talk to Missy Dobbs who scheduled the signing and get back to me.......right................I'll have to call them on Monday I'm sure

Reply by calgal on 2/15/05 4:45pm
Msg #20685

I have done signing with SOX in the past...they are the worst signing service to collect $$$ from. They have called me for signings, but I refuse to work for a company so unprofessional.

Reply by HisHughness on 2/15/05 5:58pm
Msg #20692

The answer to SOX and every other such deadbeat signing service is quite simple. Accept their signings with the proviso that they will overnight you a certified check or money order for the signing. Or that they will wire the funds directly to your account at your bank (be sure to have on hand the information you need for a wire transfer). Tell them you will not block out the time for them until the funds are in hand.

If they are not prepared to do that, then you you probably wouldn't have gotten paid anyway. If they do do it, then you've picked up a signing that you normally would not have gotten.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.