Notary Rotary
Sign on the X (problem)
Notary Discussion History

Sign on the X (problem)
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Mary -Florida on 2/18/05 10:15am
Msg #21161

Sign on the X (problem)

I did a closing for Sign on the X two weeks ago, The Lender was Lending Tree out of Jacksonville. Sign on the X told me I wouldn't be paid for about 4 months, I ask for thier supervisor
(Amy) she was really rude and unprofessional . Also blamed everything on Lending Tree, Stating that the office in Jacksonville is so screwed up right now. I am already in the process of putting a lean on the borrowers home, well I guess Sign on the X and Lending
Tree will have a big problem on their hands.
I have never heard of a signing company bad mouth a title company the way they did
I have been a certified agent for over 10 years and will never do business with this company agian.

Reply by Art_MD on 2/18/05 10:23am
Msg #21164

If you think you can lien the house due to an action of sign on the x - good luck. You have no contractual relationship with the borrower and they owe you nothing. You did no work for them and they owe you nothing. It is difficult to understand how you can lien with no basis.

Art

Reply by Roger/OH on 2/18/05 10:42am
Msg #21167

Agree with Art. Your contract is not with the borrowers, it's with the ss, and the borrowers have no control or relationship with them.

Sign on the X has a long history of poor payment, with numerous comments on this and other boards. A simple search could have saved you much grief.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 2/18/05 10:48am
Msg #21168

As I understand it, in Florida, even if the notary had an agreement for payment by the borrowers, a lien against the property cannot be filed anyway. Liens against property (other than for taxes or mortgages) by a sub-contractor can only be applied if there is physical improvements or work done on the property that increases its value. Service contracts do not qualify.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 2/18/05 10:49am
Msg #21169

If you have been an agent for 10 years, (certified or not) then you should know better Then to attemp to put a lien on the borrowers home. They did NOT contract YOU for the signing.
You should also know after ten years, all about SOX and how they operate. I would think that someone with the experience that you claim to have would surely know by now how to collect from deadbeat SS's. (JMHO/and i'm sticking to it)

Reply by Charm_AL on 2/18/05 11:15am
Msg #21173

Wow!

Why on earth would you try to place a lean on the borrower's home? They have nothing to do with your bad judgement!!! That makes absolutely no sense to me...furthermore, with less than one year experience as a certified signer, I know better than to accept a job from sign on the x and I think it's really unethical of you to try to get innocent people involved with you and the ss...jmo
You should know how to collect by now

Reply by Paul_IL on 2/18/05 11:47am
Msg #21185

Mary,
Instead of trying to do something that might get you sued by the howeowners(putting a lien on their property) try doing this

Call the lendingTree office in Jacksonville and speak with the operations manager and be sure to tell him or her that Amy is blaming everything on their screwed up office. Be sure to quote Amy and tell the mgr that you if you are not paid by x date you will file a complaint with your States department of Banks or Financial Institutions for them to investigate.

Reply by ERNARUN on 2/18/05 11:49am
Msg #21187

I have had problems with sign on the x. They finaly paied up after i trethend to contact the lender and better business. Not only do they not pay. you are right. they are extreamly rude.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 2/18/05 3:18pm
Msg #21230

STOP! LEAN IS OUT OF THE QUIESTION.
I DID MANY SIGINGS FOR SIGN ON THE X
THIS IS HOW I GOT PAIED
I TOLD THEM IF THEY DID NOT PAY I WAS GOING TO CONTACT ALL THEIR CUSTOMERS AND INFORM THEM OF THEIR SLOW AND SOMETIMES NONE PAYMENT PRACTISES. I RECEIVE A PAYMENT IN FULL WITHIN A FEW DAYS.
TRY IT

Reply by X'ing off Sign on the X on 2/18/05 3:26pm
Msg #21231

I too completed work for Sign on The X. After over two months without payment, I begain calling and asking for payment. I would call everyday and get all sorts of excuses and lies. I finally got payment after threatening to contact the lender, and the State Attorney General.

I learned, I will not complete any more work for them. I would advise others to avoid them as well.

Reply by Paul_IL on 2/18/05 4:11pm
Msg #21241

There is a shift button on the keyboard for a reason, Use it

Reply by Charm_AL on 2/18/05 4:24pm
Msg #21244

Re: There is a shift button on the keyboard for a reason, Use it

ya mean that thar shift key makes them fancy capitol letters? Smiley

Reply by ERNA_CA on 2/18/05 7:25pm
Msg #21291

Re: There is a shift button on the keyboard for a reason, Use it

maby its broke (:

Reply by CarolynCO on 2/18/05 4:57pm
Msg #21260

Let me see if I've got this right:
1. signing took place 2 weeks ago;
2. you were told that you wouldn't be paid for *about* 4 months; and
3. you are already in the process of putting a lean [sic] on the borrowers home.

May being an NSA isn't the right biz for you.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.