Notary Rotary
Signing Agent Book?
Notary Discussion History

Signing Agent Book?
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by lmk/wi on 2/2/05 9:21pm
Msg #19225

Signing Agent Book?

Has anyone heard of or read "Tidbits for New Signing Agents" by Alicia Edrich? Positive or negative feedback is appreciated.

Reply by melissa h on 2/3/05 10:24pm
Msg #19379

I am curious about doing this, I am already a notary, but what makes me a singing agent? I am having trouble finding any answers. could you help point me in the right direction?

Melissa
[e-mail address]

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/4/05 12:48am
Msg #19392

Melissa,

What specifically do you want to know about being a signing agent?

If you post your state's abbreviation behind your name, you'll get more help from those in your own state.

Brenda

Reply by lmk/wi on 2/6/05 12:10pm
Msg #19564

Melissa,
My situation is kind of strange being as my boss told me to get my notary commission to earn some extra money. But you have to know my boss to an extent to understand that she took this whole thing lightly because she has been in the Real Estate business for 20 years and to her this WAS easy money. Well, I never take anything lightly in the beginning and started doing my own research and found out this is a very important task not to be done without LOTS of studying and research. If you know what your notary laws are for your state and know them WELL, thats the basis for being a signing agent. I personally believe I am a Public Notary to serve the public first and foremost as that is why I was commissioned in the first place. You dont sign with your state to become a millionare. You sign with your state to serve the public. (This is my opinion, anybody who cares to comment please do.) Anyway along the process of trying to learn why my boss had said this is easy money, I found out it wasnt and it didnt come without a lot of hard work. What I did find out though is that it fit my personality and my need to be challenged and always thinking. So, with all that said, go to Victoria Rings Website www.50statenotary.com. I do recommend her book because it will pretty much outline what this is about. Personally, I had to take any information I got and piece the puzzle together. And this is to note, I am still learning and from what I can gather will still be learning a long time from now. This is a wonderful site for learning. The people on here are serious about being singing agents and will help you if you have done your part for learning the position. And I have to mention, I have been rolling in laughter a couple of times from their unique way of having a good time when it comes to this business.

Reply by HisHughness on 2/6/05 12:50pm
Msg #19565

Imk/wi states:

***The people on here are serious about being singing agents***

Indeed we are. Take out a refi in my town, and odds are you'll get a Singing Telegramp. That's me. Unfortunately, my vocals are more malady than melody. Many clients have told me that what they got was a Groan Loan, not a Home Loan. I can barely carry my weight, much less a tune. But I keep trying. In fact, my Beautiful & Talented Estranged Wife, soon to be my Beautiful & Talented Ex-Wife, contends I am the most trying man she has ever met.

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/6/05 1:14pm
Msg #19570

Imk said: "The people on here are serious about being singing agents and will help you if you have done your part for learning the position. And I have to mention, I have been rolling in laughter a couple of times from their unique way of having a good time when it comes to this business."

Imk - Your post is very refreshing and I can tell you're doing all you can to study the nebulous art of being an SA by not taking every thing you read at face value, but rather finding answers for yourself.

One favor: If you have any song books that you'd recommend, I'd be ever so grateful. In particular, I am looking for a Singing Agent book with all the words to Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. This seems to be one of those old stand-by's that will fit nearly every notary's singing needs.

I am glad you have a sense of humor! Smiley

Brenda

Reply by lmk/wi on 2/6/05 1:28pm
Msg #19572

Brenda, this too was a learning experience for me. I used to be way too serious about things and found out if you dont cut loose once in a while you end up all alone.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.