Notary Rotary
Strange Signing. Is this normal?...a little long
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Becca/FL on 2/1/05 6:51pm
Msg #19069

I received a call on 1/20 for a signing on 2/1. I was in a closing and didn't catch all the info from the scheduler and just asked her to fax a confirmation over. When I got home, there was no conf., the next day, no conf. So, I dialed the # that was saved in my cell phone & got a fax machine. Too busy to track down the Signing Co., I just wrote it off.

Low and behold last Friday 1/28 I receive docs for someone that is not on my schedule. I find a phone # in the pkg. and call to find out what's up. The Co. was E-Title. I spoke with a very helpful man and told him I never accepted a signing from them. After some research he said, that one is for Sharron Lee. Huh? I don't know a Sharron Lee. Then it all came back to me, the lady from N. Florida, signing on 2/1, etc. The nice man gave me a number to contact her directly.

I called Sharron and asked that she send a conf. I did not receive a conf. until Monday. The conf. was 8 pgs. long and filled with do this, don't do that, E-Title will cut your fee, yada, yada.

After receiving the conf., I went through the pkg. to find no borrower pkg. After further exploration, I found that the Title Co. or Lender (Deep Green)printed out 1, 2 & 3 copies of some docs and, I guess, I was to separate the pkg. myself. (what a PITA)I called Sharron to make sure this was the case, got voicemail and left a message. Well, I received no return call.

I went to the signing as scheduled and fumbled through all of the copies, making two piles on the table. Thank God, it was only a HELOC. I couldn't help but feel that this practice was very cumbersome and unprofessional looking to the borrower. When we finished the bwr. wanted to go through both piles and make sure she had everything she was supposed to have. No problem.

I get back home, follow the instructions to fax my conf., Notary Disclaimer and last pg. of the Note. Instructions also say to call 877-605-7719 ext. 2211. I call the # and get NREIS.

So to recap: Contracted by Sharron (Hart-Lee Notary Services)for a Deep Green signing. Sharron's instructions tell me to call E-Title, then call NREIS, AND, I'm sending the docs back to Wachovia!

This can't be normal. I have never encountered such a closing.

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/2/05 12:20am
Msg #19109

Been hearing about those lenders...

...that print the docs that way. I appreciate the stories like this one because this will surely show up on my doorstep next week.

I really hate those 8 page long instructions.

Reply by Lee/AR on 2/2/05 12:45pm
Msg #19165

Then wait 'til you see...

the 2 legal size pages of 'penalties'... all of which are $25 (and mostly no-brainers).

Reply by HARRY M RUBEN on 2/2/05 10:37am
Msg #19140

also did a signing for deep green (through another, more professional ss) an separated docs before I went to the borrower's. worked out ok.
Harry in PA

Reply by CarolynCO on 2/2/05 11:21am
Msg #19147

**I went to the signing as scheduled and fumbled through all of the copies, making two piles on the table. Thank God, it was only a HELOC. I couldn't help but feel that this practice was very cumbersome and unprofessional looking to the borrower. When we finished the bwr. wanted to go through both piles and make sure she had everything she was supposed to have. No problem**

If I received a package with 1, 2 or 3 copies of the same docs, I would have separated them out before going to the signing. JMO.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.