Notary Rotary
Suspened
Notary Discussion History

Suspened
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 2/8/05 11:43pm
Msg #19886

Suspened

I've Closed for Deepgreen Bank (N.K.A) Deepgreen Financial for approx. one year. And today was told by my contractor that I was suspened because of 3 non-signed docs. I understand we all make mistakes, here and there, but I make sure I triple check the docs before sending them off. I feel very uncomfortable about the situation and don't believe I've made the accused errors. However, I can't Prove my innocence. I've checked my journal and the sigs' aren't there. Notorizations weren't needed. My error was the signed check list. I feel terrible.

Reply by Anonymous 2 on 2/9/05 12:13am
Msg #19889

Hmmmm.... same error for me.... same lender, same form....same day, even.... only mine was "not completed". And I KNOW it was. I don't know whether I'm suspended or JUST DOCKED $25... on an 'error' I am POSITIVE I didn't make. They did not have the courtesy to call me about this. Just overnighted a new, completely blank form with a very ugly letter. Have them fax your 'error' to you. And let us know what happens.

Reply by Anonymous on 2/9/05 2:23am
Msg #19891

I spoke with Deepgreen's audit manager about the situation and she claimed the docs' were not signed at all!!! Therefore, the Docs' were blank and can't be disproved either way. I'm at a loss but a lesson learned!*

Reply by Kevin/Ct on 2/9/05 4:12am
Msg #19895

You should verify that the documents were among the documents that were sent to you for the closing. It is not unusual for someone to overlook
someting when they email the doc package. I had one recently where the client accused me of not returning one of the documents after the closing. It was an owner's affidavit
Fortunately, she picked the wrong document to complain about. It had very unusual wording, and was the one document that stood out among the rest at the closing. I was able to
quote the document to her over the phone. It turned out that the title company had misplace it after I returned it.

Reply by Lisa/WI on 2/9/05 8:23am
Msg #19903

Re: Question to this situation

Reply by Lisa/WI on 2/9/05 8:28am
Msg #19904

Re: Question to this situation-Really!

My question is, can a notary do a spreadsheet of a sort as to which documents we notarize on these loan packages, in addition to maybe keeping a copy of the instructions specifically to us? This would be in addition to the journal.

Reply by Art_MD on 2/9/05 8:51am
Msg #19905

sure, its possible to do a spreadsheet, but, on some of the closings I do I drop the docs off on the way home. I don't feel I need to add more paperwork and record keeping. There's enough already.

Art

Reply by PAW_Fl on 2/9/05 8:58am
Msg #19906

Of course you can keep records of your activities in any form you desire. BUT, if you are required to keep a journal, then that journal MUST reflect the necessary elements as dictated by your state laws. Also, for those who keep copies of documents associated with the loan, be aware of GLB. ( http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/glbact ) If you don't work for a bank, brokerage or other financial institution, chances are you heard briefly about GLB and decided that it didn't apply to you.

Think again! The Federal Trade Commission uses an extremely broad definition of the term "financial institution" for the purposes of GLB compliance. In fact, almost any organization that works with people's money is considered a financial institution. Some inclusions are obvious – nobody would question whether a bank, credit union or brokerage would need to comply with GLB. However, there are many less obvious inclusions as well. Some examples from the FTC include:

* Preparers of income tax returns
* Consumer credit reporting agencies and credit counseling services
* Real estate transaction settlement services
* Debt collection agencies

In addition to the direct providers of those services, any organization that receives data from those providers must also comply with GLB requirements.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 2/9/05 9:01am
Msg #19907

Source of information

I forgot to include that I got this information from Mike Chapple, currently serving as the Chief Information Officer of the Brand Institute, a Miami-based marketing consultancy. He previously worked as an information security researcher for the U.S. National Security Agency.

Reply by jojo_MN on 2/9/05 11:55am
Msg #19938

I keep a checklist of all documents that I take to the borrowers. It also lists any docs I notarize, the recision date, etc. I know the NNA is not very popular now, but that's where I received the checklist in the first place. I made a few additions of my own, but it works well. I check off all docs on the list before I go to the signing. After the signing, go over the docs one more time and make sure you notarized, and the borrowers signed every where needed and initialled.

Reply by Dave_CA on 2/9/05 12:14pm
Msg #19943

jojo, That sounds like a usefull tool. Would you consider sending me a copy?
Thanks in advance.

Dave

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 2/9/05 12:25pm
Msg #19945

Re: please send me a checklist too.

I would love a checklist of items in the packet. Can you send me one. I am getting alot of esrow work right now and would love to be able to confer with the officer before the signing.

Reply by VA757Notary on 2/9/05 12:31pm
Msg #19946

That is a great idea. Could you please send one to me as well. Thanks.

Reply by DellaCa on 2/9/05 3:16pm
Msg #19968

I would like it also . [e-mail address]
Thanks

Reply by Lisa/WI on 2/10/05 8:23am
Msg #20049

To JoJo_MN

Hi Jo Jo,
Could I also get this famous list? My email is [e-mail address]. And if I can offer you anything in return for your gesture, I surely will! I am new at this point, but hope I will be able to offer something useful to everyone.

Reply by Danny_FL on 10/9/05 2:25pm
Msg #69641

Jojo_MN, could I trouble you for a copy of that checklist?

email: [e-mail address]

Thank you

Danny

Reply by Ernest_CT on 2/9/05 11:17pm
Msg #20029

for Kevin/CT

I'm in New London County. Where in CT are you?

Glad to hear that you could stand up and prove yourself not to blame!

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 2/10/05 1:45pm
Msg #20103

Re: thanks for the checklist

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.